Dolphin Cruise to the Hole in the Rock (PM cruise)
Dolphin Cruise to the Hole in the Rock
- Dolphin viewing
- The largest outdoor viewing and seating decks in the Bay of Islands
- The Hole in the Rock
- Informative commentary
- Cruise past many of the 144 islands
- A comprehensive commentary in English from the skipper/crew.
- Printed guide sheets are available in the following languages: German * Japanese * Spanish * Mandarin
What to bring:
- dolphin viewing, hole in the rock
- Day 1 : Dolphin Cruise to the Hole in the RockAs we depart we take a short cruise across the Bay to pick up passengers from historic Russell before heading out into the clear waters of the beautiful Bay of Islands. On our way to the Cape Brett Lighthouse, we look out for the playful dolphins. Bottlenose and common dolphins take great delight in gliding alongside the catamaran and showing off their acrobatic flips! Keep a look out for orca whales, penguins, dolphins, seals and bird life. Further out we visit beautiful Motukokako Island and the famous Hole in the Rock. Hold your breath as we skillfully navigate our way through the hole and past the spectacular Grand Cathedral Cave (conditions permitting). As we cruise back to Paihia we pass several remote islands, fringed with golden sandy beaches and decorated with redflowering pohutukawa trees during the summer months. If you wish to spend some time in Russell before or after your cruise, you can disembark here and catch the ferry back to Paihia at your leisure (additional cost). Please let us know when you make your booking.Meals :None
Departure Days & Times: Paihia 1330 & Russell 1345
Return: Paihia 1620 & Russell 1630
Hot & Cold drinks & snacks available on board.