Dolphin Cruise to the Hole in the Rock with Island Stopover - Morning Cruise
This is the most popular dolphin watching cruise in the Bay of Islands, and for good reason! Board your cruise in Paihia or Russell and take in the stunning views as we glide out through the islands and along the Rakaumangamanga Peninsula to Cape Brett, where a historic lighthouse keeps watch over and Piercy Island/Motukōkako, or as it is popularly known the ‘Hole in the Rock’
Listen as your experienced crew share local history and ecology via an informative commentary, keep your eyes peeled for dolphins, whales, and other marine and birdlife as you cruise through and past many of the 144 islands that make up the Bay of Islands
Don't want the journey to end? Hop off in Russell or Paihia after your cruise for more exploring before using your complimentary Russell/Paihia ferry ticket to get back.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cruise to the mighty "Hole in the Rock"
- Informative commentary
- WiFi on board
- Free one Way Ferry Ticket from Russell or Paihia
- Dolphin and Whale Viewing
- Island Stopover at Otehei Bay
- Friendly and local crew
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks - can be purchased onboard
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands Day Tours, The Maritime Building 69 Marsden Road Paihia Waterfront, Paihia 1045 New Zealand
Check in area, prior the the cruise
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Bay of Islands, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
Experience the beauty that is the Bay of Islands
Pass By: Cape Brett Walkway, Rawhiti Road, Rawhiti 0184 New Zealand
Cruise past Cape Brett on the way to the Hole in the Rock and visit the Cape Brett Lighthouse
Pass By: Hole in the Rock, Motukokako Island, Russell 0184, New Zealand
According to Māori legend, local warriors used to paddle through the Hole in the Rock in their canoes before departing for battle. Drops of water from the cave roof above were a good omen. If conditions permit, your skipper will expertly guide the ship through the narrow space... and if you get dripped on, consider yourself lucky!
Stop At: Otehei Bay, Te Tai-tokerau 0184, New Zealand
Stop off at Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka Island. Stroll along the white sand beach, or walk to the top of the hill for scenic views over the entire Bay of Islands.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :1: Fullers GreatSights, Maritime Building 69 Marsden Road, Paihia 2020, New Zealand
2: Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands (Russell), The Strand, Russell 0202, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Departures and itineraries may be subject to sea and weather conditions.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Certain seats on the vehicles will be no sit zones for distancing, Increased contact tracing is in place so you are required to provide your details upon arrival. We are following the guidelines and precautions set by the New Zealand Government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.