Doubtful Sound Cruise from Manapouri or Te Anau
Practically untouched by humans, apart from the select few allowed to operate there, Doubtful encapsulates you the moment you arrive. Travel with us into the heart of Fiordland National Park to discover dramatic landscapes and secluded coves as we cruise the inner fiords of Doubtful Sound. This intimate experience allows you to gain a deeper connection to the heart of Fiordland.
Start with a cruise across Lake Manapouri, followed by a coach trip over the stunning Wilmot Pass through Fiordland’s rainforest and into the Doubtful Sound for your 2.5 hour cruise.
Flick your phone to flight mode & check out the majestic peaks of Fiordland's best kept secret. Experience this unspoiled wilderness area; you might even see some dolphins, seals & penguins.
What's included :
- Ferry across Lake Manapouri and back
- Coach across Wilmot Pass and back
- 2.5 hour cruise in Doubtful Sound
- English Commentary
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Coach connection from Te Anau available if option is selected
- Entry/Admission - Doubtful Sound
What's excluded :
- Please contact Go Orange directly to pre-order a delicious lunch, or bring your own
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Manapouri, New Zealand
Start with a cruise across the stunning Lake Manapouri. Then meet your bus driver and embark on the journey across Wilmot Pass where you'll see some of NZ's most lush rain-forest.
Stop At: Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Discover the pristine wilderness as we transport you right into the heart of it all. Practically untouched by humans, apart from the select few allowed to operate there, our Tasman explorer cruises the fiord for 2.5 hours.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :1: Pearl Harbour Manapouri Boat ramp, 60 Waiau Street, Manapouri 9679, New Zealand
2: 21 Town Centre, Te Anau 9600, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Lunches are available for pre-order, directly with the provider. Orders must be placed 24 hours prior to departure via the contact details on your voucher.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Ex. Manapouri option - please check-in at the Visitor Centre, Waiau St, Pearl Harbour, Manapouri 9643 and look for one of the friendly Go Orange staff members
- Ex. Te Anau option - Go Orange Store, 21 town Centre. Alternatively, please contact Go Orange directly to see if there is a Te Anau pick-up closer to your accommodation (at least 24 hours in advanced)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.