Doubtful Sound Wilderness Day Cruise from Manapouri
Experience an 8-hour day trip into the remote wilderness of Doubtful Sound, the heart of Fiordland National Park, while nature guides answer questions and point out landmarks. This fiord is home to bottlenose dolphins and fur seals - both are often seen. In season, you may even catch a glimpse of the rare Fiordland crested penguins. Explore Doubtful Sound's vast waterways on board a luxurious vessel.. A highlight is experiencing the unique 'Sound of Silence', where you hear only birdsong while floating on the fiord with the engines turned off.
Please note, this service will operate on either the Fiordland Navigator or the Sinbad.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Coffee and tea
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Take in the scenery and wildlife aboard our comfortable catamaran. Our on board nature guides will be giving an informative commentary throughout the journey.
Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes
Stop At: Lake Manapouri, New Zealand
Cruise across Lake Manapouri to the Wilmot Pass at the beginning of your journey.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Pearl Harbour Manapouri Boat ramp, 60 Waiau Street, Manapouri 9679, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, warm clothing, and a rain jacket or hat, as necessary
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note: During survey the Patea Explorer will be substituted with another vessel from the Real Journeys fleet
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 135 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Government regulations strictly adhered to. Covid Tracing App QR Code displayed- for those not using the app there is a paper sign-in sheet.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.