Dunedin Peninsula Wildlife Encounter
Our knowledgeable guides deliver commentary of activity. Our private conservation area ensures exclusivity with brilliant opportunities to photograph Hooker's Sea lions, Yellow-eyed Penguins, Blue Penguins, a breeding colony of New Zealand Fur Seals and other sea bird colonies. At Taiaroa head from a cliff face we watch and observe Royal Albatross flying about the headland and from the ocean. A further 25-30 other estuarine and marine bird species are seen during the experience around the bays and lagoons.
Summer 6 - 6.5 hours Winter 5 - 5.5 hour
Walking is required. The walk requires basic fitness as the terrain is hilly farm land, sandy beaches and stairways.
This tour is not available to cruise-ship passengers.
All year (except - Not available 25 and 31 December)
per adult from
330 to 390 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Rain Jacket if required
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Elm Wildlife Tours
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Elm Wildlife Tours, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
Guests will hear guided commentary. See New Zealand fur seals, New Zealand sealions, Albatross, Yellow eyed penguins, a variety of wading birds found around the tidal inlets plus the spectacular scenery of the Otago Peninsula.
Walking down a steep hill is required to reach the animals.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Dunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pickup from Hotels, Motels and B&B's in the central Dunedin area. We do not pickup from AirBnB or Private residence.
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This Tour is not available to people arriving by cruise-ship.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Anyone who is coughing, sneezing or feeling unwell will be asked to leave the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.