Dunedin Shore Excursion: Coastal Train and Olveston House
Looking for a relaxing shore excursion in Dunedin? Look no more!
On this full-day shore excursion you will Experience the magnificent scenery of the Otago Peninsula by Railway, enjoy a city sightseeing tour of Dunedin. This tour also includes admission and a tour of the amazing Olveston House!
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Dunedin sightseeing tour
- Professional guide
- Rail journey
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Olveston Historic Home
- Entry/Admission - Dunedin Railway Station
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Start your shore excursion with port pickup and board your comfortable coach for a sightseeing tour. Hear commentary detailing Dunedin’s history as you motor around the hilly city, which overlooks the Otago Peninsula.
Pass By: Baldwin Street: The Steepest Street in the World, Baldwin Street, Dunedin 9010 New Zealand
Pass by Baldwin Street, considered the world’s steepest street, and get a glimpse of the harbour.
Pass By: University of Otago, 362 Leith Street, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
View the University of Otago, the neoclassical Dunedin Town Hall and Renaissance Revival–style Dunedin Railway Station as well as opulent banks, theatres and 19th-century edifices.
Pass By: Dunedin Botanic Garden, Corner of Great King Street and Opoho Road, Dunedin New Zealand
See the beautiful Botanic Gardens of Dunedin City on this sightseeing tour.
Stop At: Olveston Historic Home, 42 Royal Terrace, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
Join a 1-hour guided tour of Olveston Historic Home a 35-room mansion and gardens. A docent reveals the history behind this enchanting time capsule of one of Dunedin’s wealthy merchant families. Built in a Jacobean style, Olveston is decorated with original fine art and furniture collected by the home’s wealthy owners. Stroll past century-old trees and manicured lawns to the gardens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dunedin Railway Station, 3074332, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Then board the coastal train which will journey along the coastline and to the hills overlooking your ship at Port Chalmers. Great photo opportunities to be had. It then travels to the small seaside settlement of Waitati before making its return journey back to Port Chalmers. The train will drop you back near the historic church in the Port Chalmers township.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Port Chalmers Wharf, 19 Beach Street, Port Chalmers 9023, New Zealand
A short 10 minute walk back to the Port Visitor Centre, via the vibrant Port Chalmers village with a wide range of art & culture from potters and sculptors to painters, musicians, jewellers and fashion designers. Back to your ship by approximately 3.30pm.
Departure Point :Port Chalmers, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Subject to available seats on train
- Should your cruise ship timetable be indicating that you will be berthing in Dunedin (Port Chalmers) at 10am or later, this does not preclude you from booking these tour options. The timetable will simply be altered to align with the cruise ships arrival time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.