Eco Group tour to Muriwai Beach and Gannet Colony
Muriwai Beach is famous for its sparkling black sand, surf and Gannet Colony. Auckland and Beyond Tours will start your tour by picking you up from Auckland CBD at your accommodation. Enjoy a scenic drive through the Waitakere Ranges and stop at a beautiful spot that looks out over Muriwai for the perfect photo opportunity.
Once at Muriwai we will take you to have a closer look at the gannets (easy walking) then along the beach and the cove. You will have approximately an hour to relax, swim and explore the beach.
It just keeps getting better, from there we will take you for wine tasting at one of the areas oldest wineries to taste test before returning to Auckland.
Morning Tour: 8:30 to 9:00 AM
Sunset Tour: 3:00 to 3:30 PM (Summer Time Only)
per adult from
What's included :
- Port or hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Gratitude (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Auckland & Beyond Tours, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Meet Auckland and Beyond Tours in Auckland CBD to begin your tour
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: 469 Motutara Road, Muriwai Beach, Auckland 0881 New Zealand
Discover one of New Zealand's famous black sand beaches on the west coast. Muriwai beach is also known for surfing and a beautiful gannet colony. Get up close with the special sea birds, plenty of lookouts to see them and take lots of photos!
Note: gannets season is from August until March each year
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (Depends on availability)
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.