Evening Glow Worm Kayak Tour in Tauranga
Mount Maunganui and Tauranga are the central areas for this kayak tour - it uses double kayaks on the calm sheltered waters of Lake McLaren. The tour operates in the evening due to the visibility of the glow worms..
Relax on the edge of Lake McLaren with refreshments, while watching the swans and ducks go about their evening’s preparations. Let your guide lead you onto calm Lake McLaren at dusk. Gently paddle into the night and discover the magic of the enchanting glow-worm canyon.
per adult from
3 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Kayak and equipment
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - McLaren Falls Park
What's excluded :
- If Hotel Pickup is required please select the Hotel pick up option.
- An additional cost per person does apply to Hotel pickup/drop off.
- Entry/Admission - Waimarino Adventure Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waimarino Adventure Park, 36 Taniwha Place Bethlehem, Tauranga 3176 New Zealand
this meeting point is also Waimarino Adventure Park Tauranga's longest established tourism attraction where families enjoy the days activities
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: McLaren Falls Park, Tauranga New Zealand
Enjoy light refreshments on the Edge of Lake McLaren prior to departing in double kayaks into the sunset. Here you will discover the birdlife settling for the evening and the gentle splashes of fish (trout) breaking the surface for the final evenings meal. You then paddle to the head of the lake and transition from daylight to darkness through dusk. this is when the stars start coming into view and the glow worms begin to pop from the native bush on the cliffs.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: McLaren Falls Park, Tauranga New Zealand
NZ's second largest arboretum. A multitude of bird life and amazing trees are seen.
Departure Point :36 Taniwha Place, Bethlehem, Tauranga 3176, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any accommodation provider in the Mount Maunganui, Tauranga city centre for an additional $25.00 per person. Please select the with Hotel pick up option on checkout. We will message you with the collection time please note this will be at least 30-45minutes before tour departure.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to commence a tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Safety is our priorty. We have limited our tours to smaller numbers and are ensuring that the highest possible sanitation levels are maintined. We want both our guests and our staff to feel safe at all times. We welcome any feedback on this.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.