Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga
This Rotorua Tour is designed for shore excursions from Tauranga. Clients can be picked up from local accommodation (within the Tauranga/Mt Maunganui/Papamoa area) &/or from the Port of Tauranga. We visit the Te Puia Maori Cultural Center for a welcome concert and tour through its extensive thermal grounds. The tour also covers a variety of different scenery en route and visits Kiwifruit Country and the Government Gardens. Pick up times can be adjusted to fit with cruise-ship arrival times
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Quality transportation
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- On leaving port, with your chosen companions, you head to Rotorua via Pyes Pa Rd, which was originally a walking track by Maori to and from the coast to Rotorua, this is now a popular highway. On our way you pass some beautiful scenery and take a stop where Mt Tarawera can be pointed out and the destruction by its eruption which caused the Buried Village.
As you arrive into Rotorua a description of its history is given before arriving to our main destination Te Puia, the Maori Cultural Center. From our arrival, clients are given a personalized tour of the old pa site, through the thermal grounds (of boiling mud and geysers), and shown the wood-carving school, flax weaving & the kiwi bird. This is followed by a Maori Welcome onto the marae, before entering a meeting house for a performance by a Maori concert party. After our 2 hours at Te Puia you head for lunch (your own expense) at a small cafe on the lake front.
After lunch, you watch the lake activities before going on to the Government Gardens. The main attractions referred to are: The Rosegardens, The old Bath House (now the Rotorua Museum), The Blue Baths, The Princes Gate Hotel, The Polynesian Spa & Sulphur Point. You then travel past the Redwood Forest, explaining how it came about.
Owing to sailing times, it is normally time to head back to Tauranga, you return by a different route to give an overview of the region.
En route for Tauranga, clients are given the story of the kiwifruit – from how it is grown, picked, pruned, made into a variety of by-products and exported. You stop briefly to view a kiwifruit orchard, Kiwifruit Country, then travel back stopping at beautiful Mt Maunganui waterfront and beach.
If necessary you may reverse the order of the tour to fit in with booking times at Te Puia.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: Supplier will ensure your timely return to the Tauranga port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, the supplier will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up fro the Port of Tauranga, the Tauranga airport & local accommodation.At the Port of Tauranga we will meet you at the port gate. Your name will be held up on a placard.Airports
- Tauranga Airport, Tauranga New Zealand
- Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/1/2019 - 5/31/2021
8/14/2019 - 9/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 05:30 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.