Explore Hokitika Gorge and Tree Top Walkway
At Tree Top Walk Way, experience life with the birds high in the ancient Rimu and Kamahi tree canopy. Easy access for all to enjoy along a steel platform 20 metres high and over 450 metres long. Gently sway in harmony with the forest on the Mahinapua Springboard. View the exquisite Lake Mahinapua through the richly diverse forest foliage. Thrill seekers will feel their hearts pump and the adrenalin rush as they climb to the top of Hokitika Tower 40 metres above the forest floor. Be inspired by a sensational vista of the majestic snow capped Southern Alps, Lake Mahinapua and the Tasman Sea.
Then visit the famous Hokitika Gorge and walk across the swing bridge and enjoy this magical place. The vivid turquoise water surrounded by lush native bush, it is well worth a visit and a key photo stop on the West Coast must do list.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Hokitika Gorge Walk
- Entry/Admission - Westcoast Treetop Walk & Cafe
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hokitika Gorge Walk, Whitcombe Valley Road Hokitika Gorge Scenic Reserve, West Coast, Hokitika 7810 New Zealand
Explore Hokitika with this half day tour and walk amongst the tree tops, an exhilarating treetop adventure among temperate rainforest giants, with the beautiful views majestic Lake Mahinapua as you listen to the bird song calls. Then visit Hokitika Gorge, which is a popular tourists spot with the vibrant blue water and tranquil setting, a must do on the West Coast.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Westcoast Treetop Walk & Cafe, 1128 Woodstock-Rimu Road, Hokitika 7883 New Zealand
Tree Top Walkway offers views of majestic Lake Mahinapua while walking through the tree tops of ancient Rimu and Kamahi. Climb to the top of the Tower at 47 metres above the forest floor while experiencing life with the birds and wildlife. Refresh and enjoy great local foods at the onsite café.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Greymouth i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 164 MacKay Street, Greymouth 7805, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Greymouth i-SITE Visitor Centre at the Railway Station
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.