Franz Josef Glacier 2 Hour Tour
Locally owned at operated family business. Informative small group tours with experienced nature guide. . Family-friendly and suitable for all ages & abilities, we cater tours to suit you, at your pace. Lots of information on glaciology, geology, geomorphology, flora & fauna, local legends & history.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Walking poles if required
- Wet weather clothing
- Boots if required - please enquire as stock is limited
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Franz Josef Glacier, Glacier Access Road Westland Tai Poutini National Park, Franz Josef, Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu) New Zealand
Your guide will pick you up from your accommodation or meeting point in Franz Josef, and drive you to the glacier carpark. From there, you will walk with your small group tour and guide to about 2000m from the Franz Josef Glacier terminal face, at the end of the forest walk.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :20 Main Road, Franz Josef Glacier 7886, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotels or accommodation in Franz Josef Glacier township is included (not Fox Glacier township)
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.