From Tauranga: Private Day Tour, Magical Hobbiton Movie Set.
A Visit to Middle Earth. Immerse yourself into the enchanting world of J.R.R Tolkien’s famous stories. After traveling thousands of miles to visit New Zealand you cannot miss this opportunity to experience this magical tour of the Hobbiton & Lord Of The Rings Movie Set.
You may not come back this way again ...
This two hour guided tour will take you into a world of breathtaking fantasy where these amazing films were brought to life by the world-famous New Zealand director, Peter Jackson.
Nestled amid lush rolling farmland in a 12-acre valley is the Hobbit Village on the shores of the picturesque Long Lake and The Watermill.
See Bilbo's house, The Water Mill, Green Dragon, the Arched Bridge, 44 Hobbit houses, gardens, wandering pathways, The Party Tree, lakes. Listen to the wonderful stories and tales of Gandalf, Frodo, and the villagers.
If you haven't read the books or seen the movies you will still love it ... It’s a piece of history, and it’s magical.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional local kiwi guide/driver
- Full audio commentary
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Admission fees & lunch are not included
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
After meeting you at the port we take a scenic drive along Mount Maunganui's Pacific coastline & surf beach voted the best beach in New Zealand before heading over the Tauranga Harbor Bridge and inland over the Kaimai Ranges to Hobbiton.
Our drive takes us through the panoramic rich fertile farmland of the lush Waikato countryside. The main industry of this wealthy region is dairy farming & racehorse breeding studs, typical of New Zealand hinterland.
On arrival at Hobbiton, we are met by our professional guide and board the Hobbit bus for the 10 minutes drive through the 1250-acre sheep farm to the valley where the movie set is located.
Your expert guide will walk you around the wandering pathways of the village, relating the stories of these fascinating films. Recognize the landmarks you know and love.
See Bag End, The Party Tree, Gandalf's Cutting, The Mill House and more. Recognize the landmarks you know and love. Finish your tour with a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn.
After a break for lunch, we head back over the Kaimai range and stop at Minden Lookout and panoramic views over Tauranga Harbour and beyond before returning safely to Port.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1 The Mall, Bay of Plenty 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Cruise ship tours; start times will fit in with ship arrival/departure times.I will meet you 15 minutes prior to the tour departing time at the Port entry/exit gates 5 -10 minutes walk from your ship.I will be waiting there with your name sign.For local accommodation pickup, the start time is more flexibleAirports
- Tauranga Airport, Tauranga New Zealand
- Tauranga Port
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/4/2020 - 1/5/2022
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.