Full day Guided Sea Kayak Tour from Picton
Experience the beauty and seclusion of the Marlborough Sounds on a full day small group guided sea kayak tour. Your tour takes in the western end of the Queen Charlotte Sound with its sheltered coves, beautiful beaches, azure blue waters and lush native bush. You will stop at a secluded beach for a delicious lunch. Learn about the history of the area from your knowledgeable, relaxed and friendly guides.
Your guide will be with you for the day to answer questions, share pearls of wisdom and ensure your comfort and wellbeing. Depending on the weather, we will vary our route each day to take advantage of sea breezes at our back - we don't follow an enforced plan which enables us to cater for all abilities on the day.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- All necessary equipment provided
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Upon arrival at your departure location on the Picton Waterfront you will receive a detailed safety briefing before setting off on your half day sea kayak adventure.
You will be guided away from the harbour environs to the truly spectacular western end of the Queen Charlotte Sound where there is less boat traffic and many beautiful bays and coves to explore as well as wildlife to see.
Wildlife you may see include sting rays, eagle rays, seabirds, including cormorants, little blue penguins, seals, starfish and sometimes even dolphins.
Your lunch is sourced and made locally and you will get to enjoy this at a private secluded beach.
If weather permits, you may also have the chance to kayak from Picton Harbour to maximise your time on the water.
Your guide will answer questions, share pearls of wisdom and ensure your comfort and wellbeing.
Dependent on the weather, your route may vary to take advantage of sea breezes at the back. There is no set route which means all ability levels are catered for on your tour.
Your tour will finish back on the Picton Waterfront.
Departure Point :1 London Quay, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (minimum age of children to participate is 8 years old)
- A minimum of 2 people per departure time is required. If you are a solo traveler, please contact our office for availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.