Full-Day Milford Sound Hiking Tour with Cruise
Enjoy a friendly, small group (maximum 15 people) day excursion to Milford Sound from Te Anau, including a small boat cruise along the full length of the fiord and out to the Tasman Sea. Our relaxed timetable ensures plenty of opportunities for guests to enjoy short walks, photographic stops and exploration with the nature guide. Plus, from November to April guests can select 2 ½ hours hiking (unguided) on the renowned Routeburn Track to Key Summit.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Afternoon or morning tea
- Local driver/guide
- Te Anau accommodation pickup and drop-off (if advised)
- Sightseeing boat cruise
- Guided and Self-Guided Walking tours
- Modern air conditioned minivan (max 15)
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound
- Entry/Admission - Trips & Tramps
- Entry/Admission - Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu)
- Entry/Admission - Mirror Lakes Walk
- Entry/Admission - Homer Tunnel
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Queenstown pick ups - the tour departs from Te Anau
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Enjoy an extended nature boat cruise on Milford Sound
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Key Summit Track, Milford Road The Divide, State Highway 94 , Fiordland National Park, Milford, Auckland New Zealand
Option to hike (unguided) to Key Summit on the Routeburn Track during the summer months after visiting Milford Sound.
Stop At: Trips & Tramps, Caswell Road, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9640 New Zealand
Travel with the locals, in a small group and explore some incredible scenery with lots of stops for walks.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Travel and hike through the heart of Fiordland National park as you travel through to Milford Sound.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
We begin our journey alongside Lake Te Anau.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Enjoy this short walk early in the morning when the reflections are at their best!
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Lake Marian Track, Holyford Road, Fiordland National Park 9600 New Zealand
On our short walk option enjoy the well graded Marian Gantry at the start of this walk.
Stop At: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
Drive through this extraordinary structure!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Real Journeys Visitor Centre, 85 Lakefront Drive, Te Anau 9640, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We can collect from any address in the Te Anau township. If you wish to be collected from an address not listed please provide the address, thank you.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Please come dressed for all weather the tour operates in all weather conditions! A good rain coat and practical shoes are a must when traveling in Fiordland.
- Please bring any medication you may require during they day.
- **Please note this tour departs from Te Anau, not Queenstown. Allow 2.5 hours to drive safely from Queenstown to Te Anau, find a park and meet at the central meeting point**
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Extra precautions taken at level 2 as required by the NZ Government. This includes social distancing in the vehicles, plus face masks are available on request.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.