Full-Day Omaka Aviation Heritage Center and Wine Tasting Tour
This full-day small-group tour from Blenheim or Picton takes you to the Omaka Heritage Aviation Centre (entry fees apply). This is a popular icon stop with Peter Jackson's collection of classic aircraft and his amazing heritage WW1 and WW2 displays. Scheduled tours are available and also options for a personal guide (additional costs apply). It is recommended that 1 – 1.5 hours is set aside for you to wander among the life-like displays of the past heritage activities and the most generous collection of personal memorabilia. This heritage delights tour can be tailor-made for your group to mix and match with more heritage options and some wine tasting, visit some of the local artisans and enjoy the scenic aspect of the beautiful Wairau Valley and plains. A stop for lunch (additional costs apply) at one of the picturesque wineries is part of your day as well as a must stop at the Makana Chocolate Boutique confections.
per adult from
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Makana Confections, Corner of Rapaura Road and O'Dwyer's Road, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
Decadent taste and variety of choices. Pinot Noir truffles and Slated caramel are some of the favourites but wait till you taste the Macadamia Butter Cruch. You will not leave without it.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, 79 Aerodrome Road, Blenheim 7272 New Zealand
Peter Jackson is famous all around the world for his film making. Especially the Lord of the Rings. We are proud to hold his classic air displays from WW1 and WW2 here in Marlborough. The aircraft are restored and some still working mode and the displays he has created are so life like its amazing. A cafe of memorabilia is available here for light refreshment.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Saint Clair Family Estate Vineyard Kitchen, 13 Selmes Road Rd3, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
Award winning wines especially the Bubbles and the Reserve Sauvignon Blanc. Restaurant for lunch is always an option with local produce platters and inspirations from the garden.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Vines Village, 193 Rapaura Road, Blenheim 7273 New Zealand
Plenty to do and see here. Ice-creams so creamy the very best. Gourmet oils and pates to try. Manuka Honey and more. Local crafts and a Quilters Barn for creators. The cafe overlooks a lake and the rolling hills and the vineyards. If you love Gin or Beer this is also the place to come to taste or by the glass or pint.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from your designated point of accommodation. Hotel, Residential home or Air B&B or homestay. Please advise at time of booking or contact the chauffeur from your ticket information.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Minimum age is 7 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Your guide will offer health and safety briefing before getting out of the vehicle at each venue or activity as they could have specific requirements that this guide will apply. If possible we will all stay together in our social distancing group and sanitiser will be taken with us at all times.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.