Full-Day Private Sightseeing Tour Lyttelton Akaroa Christchurch
MY MOST POPULAR PRIVATE TOUR. Rated 5/5
Bespoke private tour with a LOCAL - 16+ years experience. He'll share his 'special spots' not accessible by bus.
At a comfortable pace see the Bays, Little River, Lyttleton and Christchurch in this packed day of sightseeing.
If you decide to take in the alpaca farm tour...great decision. You won't be disappointed.
Make good use of some Self Directed Sightseeing: There's an extensive list of 'add-ons' if you want to make the most of your time in Christchurch ....add-ons that can include:
- Gondola ride and Time Tunnel ride and incredible 360 deg views, 1,500 ft up.
- Punting on the River Avon.
- International Antarctic Centre with huskies, penguins and the Hagglund ride...wow!!
Or you can simply wander, mingle and take in the atmosphere of the oldest yet soon to be the most modern and safest city in the world.
**** More than 4-5 people in your group? Larger groups by arrangement - ask for a quote.****
***** Proud Member: ProGuidesNZ
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Light snacks
- Bottled water
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - International Antarctic Centre
- Entry/Admission - Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Christchurch Gondola
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Christchurch Cathedral, Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
This tour brings Christchurch, The River Avon, Sumner, Lyttelton and Banks Peninsula to your fingertips.
The cities two cathedrals are laid bare for all to see....learn their future, see international restaurants, street art, Arts Centre, Art Gallery, the earthquake and firefighters memorials, Punting on the River Avon and the envy of NZ, the $1million Margaret Mahy Children’s Playground. Wow!! Gardens and rich English architecture are a feature of this locals tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Lyttelton, Sh74, Christchurch New Zealand
History of the first British settlers arriving here, the Leper Colopy, Quail Island, sailing and views of the second largest sea port in New Zealand.
Stop At: Sumner Beach (Cave Rock), The Esplanade Sumner Beach, Christchurch 2004 New Zealand
The seaside suburb with huge hillside houses and beautiful gardens. Sailing, windsurfing and swimming are featured in Sumner.
Stop At: Hagley Park, Riccarton Avenue City Central, Christchurch 8001 New Zealand
The largest city centre park in New Zealand featuring 17 different sports grounds, a golf course, the River Avon, the award winning botanic gardens – all in all a beautiful asset protected by legislation and situated right in the middle of the city.
Optional Extra - Take a tour of these cities award winning botanic gardens.
Pass By: Akaroa Lighthouse, Beach Road, Akaroa, Akaroa New Zealand
Over the hills and deep in the heart of Banks Peninsula is the French settlement of Akaroa.
The Akaroa Lighthouse Preservation Society moved the lighthouse from the Akaroa heads to its present location on 2 August 1980. Today a roster of volunteers 'man' the light house to enable the public to visit and view this iconic historic Akaroa landmark.
Stop At: Little River Gallery, Route 75, Main Road, Little River New Zealand
Local handcrafts, Manuka Honey, Silo Motels, railway and telephone museum....a sawmilling town with so much to see and do.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Barrys Bay Cheese, 5807 Christchurch Akaroa Road Barrys Bay, Akaroa 7582 New Zealand
A true local cheese factory making probably the best Harvati in the world...local wines (some organic) and try the samples
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: 38 Orchard Road International Antarctic Centre, Christchurch 8053 New Zealand
If this option is chosen, be chilled in our incredible Antarctic storm room. Be thrilled on an all-terrain vehicle tour. Make friends with penguins and huskies. Learn about the first expeditions, modern day life on Scott Base and the future of humanity on the ice. Be amazed through the big screen ice tour and astonished within the immersive 4D theatre.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
Punting - if this option is chosen - an iconic Christchurch activity not to be missed. Admire the beautiful Christchurch Botanic Gardens or the changing face of the city centre as you are expertly guided gently along the Avon River on our authentic Edwardian Punting tours.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Christchurch Gondola, 10 Bridle Path Road, Christchurch 8022 New Zealand
Gondola, if this option is chosen - you may know it as a cable car, others refer to it as a Gondola. But whatever you call it, this trip is one of the must-do sightseeing attractions in Christchurch, and you will never forget your Gondola experience! 1,500 ft up at the summit, experience the Time Tunnel ride, a dramatic reconstruction of the history of the region. Revive your spirits with a snack at the Red Rock Café, and browse what is on offer at the Shop at the Top.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
As your docking point is not available now, at least two weeks before you arrive we will send you full information on where we will meet you. **** More than 4/5 people in your group? Larger groups by arrangement - ask for a quote.****Ports
- Lyttelton Port
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a PRIVATE not shared tour. 2 - 4 people. Larger groups by arrangement.
- Refunds: An 80% refund will be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship. We recommend you carry comprehensive travel insurance for all travel bookings.
- Our tour vehicle is a modern 4 seater air conditioned wagon.
- Wheelchairs - Collapsible type ok. Passengers must be able to transfer with assistance.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.