Full-Day Routeburn Track Key Summit Guided Walk from Te Anau
Experience a full-day guided walk on one of New Zealand's premier Great Walks - the Routeburn track, including Key Summit. Tour departs from Te Anau, with a drive along the Milford Road to the track. Ascend through lush forest and into a unique alpine herb field offering panoramic views, this walk offers an incredible day out in the heart of New Zealand’s Southern Alps.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Afternoon tea
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Te Anau accommodation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Walking poles or rain jacket available if required, please let the operator know in advance if required.
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Please bring some with you.
- Bottled water
Your trip departs from Te Anau and takes around 1.5 hours travelling in a vehicle to Fiordland’s mountain "divide" - between east and west. The walk begins at the Divide Shelter with a steady climb on a well maintained track. Gaining an elevation of 400 meters, the ascent takes approximately 2 hours at a leisurely pace. On a fine day lunch is had on Key Summit, and in unfavorable conditions in a nearby shelter. After lunch you will descend back to the Divide Shelter before returning to Te Anau. You will spend approximately 4 to 6 hours walking based on your ability but you should be prepared for at least 4 hours walking at a leisurely pace with some hill climbing. This walk is rated 'easy' but some fitness is required for the hill climb.
• Trips & Tramps, Caswell Road, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9640 New Zealand
• Routeburn Track, Routeburn Road, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Key Summit Track, Milford Road The Divide, State Highway 94 , Fiordland National Park, Milford, Auckland New Zealand
Departure Point :Fiordland Community Events Centre, 20-22 Luxmore Drive, Te Anau 9600, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (approx 4 - 6 hours) with an ascent and descent. The fitter you are the more you will enjoy the trip. We recommend a moderate degree of fitness - minimum distance walked is 7km/4.6 milres,
- Track is well maintained however can be uneven and rocky in places, this is not suitable for wheelchairs or those who have difficulty walking.
- Operates in most weather conditions unless the operator deems it to be unsafe or potentially totally miserable. Please carry a good, waterproof rain jacket, drinking water any medication you might need and wear practical, sturdy shoes for walking in (heels, slip on shoes, jandals/flip flops/thongs are not suitable). The operator can provide a good rain coat and walking poles, please contact them in advance.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.