Full-Day Small-Group Central Otago Wine Tour
This is an immersive, fun and educational wine tour visiting five of Central Otago’s finest and off the beaten track cellar doors through the BIG 4 wine regions of Gibbston, Cromwell Bendigo and Bannockburn. Sample over 20 spectacular cool-climate wines and enjoy an (optional) exceptional lunch at the renowned Bannockburn Hotel (additional cost ordered on the day) whilst learning information, stories and facts about the region and wine from your charismatic guide and cellar staff educate.
Travel in style with transfers in a luxury Mercedes van, and make use of our complimentary WiFi and bottled water.
We have regular cellar doors we visit however we have the flexibility to tailor the tour to suit where possible. If you have specific requests please let us know through ‘special requirements’ at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate.
Sample itinerary for the day: Kinross, Scott Base, Misha's Vinyard, Te Kano and Cloudy Bay.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Wine tastings at 5 unique cellar door locations
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Complimentary branded wine glass
- Complimentary Queenstown hotel transfers
What's excluded :
- Lunch at premier renown location is at customers expense
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gibbston, Gibbston, Otago Region, South Island
The Gibbston wine region is often referred to as the 'valley of vines'. It's the premier commercial sub-region of Central Otago and features the countries highest vines. Produces aromatic Pinot Noir and regional white superstars.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bannockburn, Bannockburn, Cromwell, Central Otago, Otago Region, South Island
Bannockburn has the world's only man-made wine terroir (created by the gold miners in the 19th century). Known as the 'heart of the desert' is the driest part of Central Otago, it's made up of largely clay soils creating more structured and savoury style wines.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cromwell, Cromwell, Central Otago, Otago Region, South Island
The Cromwell basin is a lower altitude sub region of Central Otago boasting a warmer and more exposed growing environment with varying soil types. Wines from this region are generally more robust and fruit-driven varietals.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bendigo, Bendigo, Central Otago, Otago Region, South Island
Bendigo is the warmest sub region of Central Otago with great diversity due to varying altitudes of vineyards and diversity of soil types. Bendigo and Northburn produce rich, fruit-forward wines with firm tannic structure.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :The Station - Home of Adventure in Queenstown, Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum of 3 adults to confirm a departure
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.