Full day: Walk, Seals & Sail
Full Day Activity: Walk one of NZ's Great Walks and then sit back, relax and catch a leisurely scenic sail back to Kaiteriteri
3-4hr morning walk (Marahau to Anchorage/ 12 km)
3hr afternoon sail (Anchorage to Kaiteriteri)
Kaiteriteri to Marahau shuttle: FREE
Or Return transfers : enquire about our Nelson & Motueka transfers (additional charge)
- Walking first is a great option for those who wish to get the physical part complete and then sit back and relax for the afternoon.
- The sea breeze is at it's best in the afternoon, offering some great sailing, allowing you to travel further and have longer on board.
- Sailing is peaceful & relaxing, allowing more time to explore the area
- The catamaran is shallow draft allowing better tidal access then larger boats.
- Catamarans can host small numbers of upto 19 per boat, very personal group experience
- The quiet sailing catamaran allows you the joy of taking in your surroundings and having one on one conversations with your skipper who is your guide for the day.
- Complimentary tea & coffee on board
- Free transfers between Kaiteriteri & Marahau
- 3 hour Skippered Sailing Tour
- 4 hour freedom walk
- Visit Split Apple Rock
- Visit the fur seal colony at Pinnacle Island
- Local skipper/host commentary
- Explore the National Park from land and sea
- Day 1 : Full Day Tour: Walk & SailStart your day by 8:30am, with an invigorating walk through lush native forest from Marahau to Anchorage. Join your sailing tour by 1:30 pm from Anchorage beach, then let nature do the work, catch the sea breeze and sail the best of the coastline to Kaiteriteri. Free transfers provided end of day back to your vehicle.Meals :None
Start Freedom walk by: 8:30am, Abel tasman National Park walking track, Marahau (corner of Harvey Road). Free all day parking available at the entrance to track.Follow the clearly maked signs to Anchorage Bay (12km/ 3-4 hours walking time).
Check in 1pm: Meet your skipper and sailing catamaran at Anchorage Bay beach at 1pm for yacht departure at 1.30pm.
4:30pm return to Kaiteriteri: Once you arrive back to Kaiteriteri Beach please approach the Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures ticekt booth to hand over your voucher. Your courtesey transfer will depart from here (around 20 mins drive back to Marahau).
Lunch: Not included. BYO or purchase a packed picnic lunch at extra charge. NZ$16 nett. Must be ordered 1 or more days prior to tour.
Transfers: Nelson to Marahau return. NZ$42 nett, per person. One way transfer between Nelson & Marahau NZ$22 nett, per person.
Transfers: Motueka to Marahau return. NZ$22 nett, per person. One way transfer between Motueka & Marahau NZ$11 nett, per person.