Glenorchy and Paradise Half-Day Explorer
A visit to Queenstown is not complete without a trip to picturesque Glenorchy, located about 50 minutes away, nestled on the northern shores of Lake Wakatipu, home to some of New Zealand’s best scenery and not to mention Middle‑earth magic. Whether you’re a Lord of the Rings fan or just want to see the absolutely amazing scenery Glenorchy has to offer.
The tour visits numerous scenic locations and shares facts, stories and history about the region including Maori history. On tour enjoy time at the Glenorchy wharf and a drive through the quaint township before continuing on to beautiful Paradise, passing Diamond Lake and viewing Lord of The Rings film locations.
A delicious kiwi style morning or afternoon tea is included and the opportunity to pose as a Lord of the Rings character while you’re there!
Travel in style in luxury Mercedes vans with unique onboard videos and complimentary water and wifi.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kiwi-style morning tea at a scenic location
- Professional guide & live commentary onboard
- Complimentary central Queenstown transfers
- On board Kiwi music (download our Spotify playlist!)
- Complimentary NZ Greenstone
- Maori storytelling and history
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Mount Creighton New Zealand
Travel from Queenstown to Glenorchy on one of the top 10 most scenic roads in the world. Stopping off at Lord of The Rings film locations and Bennetts Bluff for spectacular Lake Wakatipu vistas with a mountain back drop.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy Wharf, 4 Islay Street, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Visit Glenorchy's iconic red boat shed and take a walk along the wharf taking in the views.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy-Paradise Road, Otago 9372, New Zealand
Explore Paradise, Diamond Lake and Lord of The Rings film locations. Enjoy a Kiwi style morning or afternoon tea out in paradise.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :The Station - Home of Adventure in Queenstown, Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers of 3 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.