Guided e-bike tour of Rangitoto Island
This full day small group guided e-bike tour is an absolute ‘must do’ experience for active visitors to Tamaki Makaurau, Auckland.
The day gets underway at our base in Auckland city with gear fitout and safety briefing. A pleasant ride through the Wynyard Quarter provides an opportunity to test out the e-bike before we board the ferry for the short, scenic ride to Rangitoto Island.
From here, the tour begins in earnest, exploring Rangitoto; the youngest, most iconic volcano in the Auckland region followed by a tour of neighbouring island, Motutapu-a-Taikehu; one of the oldest islands and now Auckland’s largest working farm.
Professional guides will accompany you throughout the day, ensuring your comfort and enjoyment.
This is an active tour and you will need a moderate level of fitness to make the most of this experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Return ferry tickets
- E-mountain bike
- Entry/Admission - Rangitoto Island
- Entry/Admission - Rangitoto Summit Track
- Entry/Admission - Motutapu Island
What's excluded :
- Transfers to and from our city base
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rangitoto Island, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
The youngest volcano in New Zealand covered in the largest Pohutukawa Forest in the world, incredible biodiversity and lava fields. It is one of the most important conservation reserves in the country.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rangitoto Summit Track, Rangitoto Island, Auckland New Zealand
Climb to the summit for some of the best views in Auckland, through a beautiful native forest, home to some of New Zealand's most endangered birds including the Saddleback which is easily spotted here.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Motutapu Island, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
The largest working farm in Auckland with sweeping views across rolling green pasturelands and the other islands of the Hauraki Gulf marine reserve. Farm animal encounters are a highlight for many on this part of the tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Adventure Capital, Unit D/80 Wyndham Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All participants are required to stay away if unwell; a full refund will be provided should you become unwell and unable to participate in this tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.