Guided Horse Trekking from Rotorua
Hop into the saddle and experience the best of New Zealand’s great outdoors on this 1 hour horse trekking adventure from Rotorua. Choose the start time to suit your schedule, then follow a guide on horseback into the countryside around Mt. Ngongotaha. Explore green paddocks and working farmland, and enjoy fine views over Lake Rotorua in the distance. This tour includes all safety gear plus wet weather gear if raining.
per adult from
What's included :
- Horse safari
- Safety gear
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
This is a guided walking horse trek. Prior instructions are given before departing the paddock arena. You will be allocated a riding hat and a suitable horse to match your ability.
Starting on the lower farm you follow our guide and wind your way up to our lookout overlooking Lake Rotorua which you will see in our photos. The whole experience takes part on the lower part of Mount Ngongotaha. There is some uneven terrain during the trek, however, no previous experience is required. Helmets are provided for safety reasons.
• Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
• Adventure Playground, 451 Ngongotaha Road, Rotorua 3015 New Zealand
Departure Point :451 Ngongotaha Road, Ngongotaha, Rotorua 3015, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.