Guided Kepler Track Heli Hike
Begin your awe-inspiring guided day experience on the Kepler Track with a scenic helicopter flight to Luxmore Hut. At the top explore the expansive tussock fields and enjoy panoramic mountain views on foot as we hike in the alpine area. Then descend the mountain on a well-formed track through native beech forest and pass under towering limestone bluffs to reach the sandy lake shore for a water taxi ride back to Te Anau.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Walking poles and rain jackets are provided if these items are required.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Hot drinks and light snacks are available along the hike as required.
- Te Anau accommodation pick up and drop off.
- Helicopter flight to Luxmore Hut on the Kepler Track
- Safety and communication equipment is carried by the guide.
- Local, experienced, nature guide.
- Water taxi across Lake Te Anau
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Please bring some lunch with you.
- Bottled water - Bring a fill re-usable water bottle with you
Begin your experience with a spectacular helicopter flight to Luxmore Hut over Lake Te Anau. Explore the alpine tussock field and enjoy the expansive mountain views, with the option to hike to the summit (as conditions allow). Then hike down the mountain on a well-formed track, descending through native beech forest and passing under towering limestone bluffs to reach the sandy lake shore for a water taxi ride back to Te Anau.
• Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Fiordland Trips & Tramps, 24 Caswell Road, Te Anau 9600, New Zealand
• Fiordland National Park, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
• Luxmore Hut Track, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Kepler Track, Golf Course Road Eastern Fiordland, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Departure Point :Fiordland Community Events Centre, 20-22 Luxmore Drive, Te Anau 9600, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Recommended minimum age 8 years
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Track is well maintained and well formed, however can be uneven and rocky in places.
- Operates in all weather conditions (including rain) unless the operator deems it to be unsafe. Please carry a good, waterproof rain jacket, drinking water, any medication that you may require and wear practical, sturdy shoes for walking in (heels, slip on shoes, jandals/flip flops/thongs are not suitable). Do not wear jeans as they become cold and heavy when wet. The operator can provide a good rain coat and walking poles, please contact them in advance to have this arranged.
- The operator may refuse participation if clients are not dressed suitably.
- The fitter you are the more you will enjoy the trip, note the sustained down hill can be tough on knees.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.