Half Day Bike Tour of Arrow River Trail
Enjoy our driver-supported half day biking experience on the Queenstown Trail, biking along the stunning Arrow River Bridges Trail. Our knowledgeable team will make this one of the most memorable things you'll do in Queenstown.
Ride independently and at your own pace with Around The Basin, we provide the reassurance of vehicle and driver support at designated points throughout your 15km off-road bike ride - we're the only company in town who offers this type of followed support as you ride.
Meander along the Arrow and Kawarau rivers crossing 3 suspension bridges including the Kawarau Bungy Bridge, the home of Bungy jumping, then onto a Gibbston Winery for a relaxing wine tasting before we deliver you back to Queenstown.
What's included :
- Latest model hardtail mountain bike and helmet
- Central Queenstown hotel/motel pick ups on morning tour
- Vehicle support at designated points throughout your ride
- Knowledgeable local support driver meeting you enroute
- Wine tasting
- Detailed trail map
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup not available for summer afternoon tours.
Stop At: Arrowtown, Arrowtown, Otago Region, South Island
See the quaint historic village of Arrowtown
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Arrow River, Queenstown New Zealand
Follow the scenic Arrow River Trail crossing suspension bridges and stunning scenery.
Stop At: Kawarau Suspension Bridge, Kawarau Bridge, Gibbston New Zealand
Enjoy the spectacle of Bungy jumping as you cross the historic Kawarau Bridge.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Kawarau River, New Zealand
Ride along enjoying vistas of the beautiful turquoise Kawarau River.
Stop At: Gibbston, Gibbston, Otago Region, South Island
At the end of your ride, enjoy a relaxed wine tasting at a local Gibbston Winery before we transport you back to town.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :The Station Building Duke Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
You may need to walk a short distance from your accommodation to a suitable pull in area for pick up.NOTE: ACCOMMODATION PICK UP ARE ONLY AVAILABLE WITH OUR MORNING TOURS, at the end of the morning tour drop off is at our shop location of Duke Street in Queenstown.AFTERNOON TOUR clients must check in at our meeting point at 9 Duke Street, Queenstown.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Advisable to wear appropriate sports shoes
- Advisable to wear appropriate active wear
- Approximate biking time is 2 hours
- As you bike, your driver will move the support vehicle along the trail to support points
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Electric-bike Upgrades available by prior request directly with operator
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands