Half-Day Canyoning in Gibbston Valley from Queenstown
Get your adrenaline pumping as you climb cliffs, abseil down waterfalls and tackle water slides on this thrilling 4-hour canyoning adventure in the Gibbston Valley canyon. This small-group tour is limited to 10 people for a personalised experience, there's no experience necessary, and anyone over the age of 10 can give it a go. Round-trip transport from Queenstown and a picnic style lunch is included.
per adult from
What's included :
- All canyoning equipment
- Full instruction from a professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch on the 9am departure
- Approximately 2 hours of canyoning
What's excluded :
- Swimwear and a towel
Kick off the action for the day by entering the Gibbston Valley Canyon on a natural waterside; just sit back as your guide descends you down and into the unknown! Feel the excitement of climbing through massive stone walls as you navigate the canyon. Test your thrill-seeking limits by stepping over the edge on your first abseil of the day. Become one with nature as you experience the impressive power of the water as you abseil down waterfalls.
We transport you from Queenstown, approximately 40 minutes each way with a 10 minute walking time to the canyon. This canyon is an awesome introduction to the sport of canyoning suitable for non-swimmers and those with a lower level of fitness. No experience required and all equipment provided, you are lead by a qualified and experienced canyoning guide! Enjoy a picnic style lunch to finish with the empowering feeling of success and the stunning views that Gibbston Valley offers after completing this vertical adventure.
Departure Point :78 Beach Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
78 Beach Street Queenstown, please wait by the loading zone outside the “Pub on Wharf” Restaurant, we meet you with our branded Canyoning NZ vehicles.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply - There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered the option to book an alternative date or receive a full refund
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- Children 14 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian; Children 16 and under must have parent or guardian sign them in at check in
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.