Half-Day Kayak Experience on the Mighty Clutha River from Wanaka
Spend the afternoon kayaking the Mighty Clutha river. This half-day small-group river activity is for those with an appetite for getting up close and personal with the famous Clutha River. The fun unfolds as the river twists and turns, through playful rapids of the Upper Clutha set amongst the stunning Wanaka scenery.
Your guide will give you instructions on river safety and technique, as well as tips on river reading and directions on where to find the action and best play spots.
With a bit of practice, you’ll soon be cruising down the river in style. Be prepared to get a little wet and have a giggle.
Approximately 22 kilometers of grade 1-2 river kayaking with light snacks and refreshments provided.
per adult from
What's included :
- Beverages & snack provided
- Use of helmet & all appropriate safety equipment provided.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if request)
What's excluded :
We'll meet outside Wanaka iSite and drive to the river. From there, our experienced guides will give you all the information you need to kayak the 22kms of the Clutha river through Grade 1&2 rapids. At the end of the trip, we'll drive you back to the iSite.
• Clutha River, Balclutha New Zealand
• Paddle Wanaka, 163 Ardmore Street Opposite the corner of Ardmore & Dungarvon Streets, Wanaka 9035 New Zealand
Departure Point :Wanaka i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 103 Ardmore Street, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for participants who can not swim
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We use NZ waterway-friendly detergent (Biozyme) to clean our gear whilst maintaining our commitment to the environment.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.