Half-Day Tauranga Guided Tour by Minivan with port Pickup
Discover Rotorua on this 5.5 hr shore excursion from the port of Tauranga!
Drive along the beautiful Mount Maunganui beech heading to not only one of the oldest attractions in New Zealand, but one of the most popular and must see attractions in the country!
Hear stories, myths and legends as you are taken on an offical guided tour through Te Puia.
Experience erupting geysers, hot pools, bubbling mud and steam escaping from cracks in the earth, explore the Maori wood carving and flax weaving schools which are responsible for passing on the time learnt traditions to new generations,
The Iconic Kiwi Bird is a must see and you have your chance here at the purpose built Kiwi bird enclosure (the kiwi bird is nocturnal and the enclosure simulates night-time)
Visit the Government gardens & bath houses that where created for the very first tourist to arrive here in the 1800’s
On our return journey visit a working Kiwi fruit orchard and taste the different varieties and products.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Driver/guide for duration of Tour (This is not a Hop on Hop Off tour)
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Entry/Admission - New Zealand Discovery Tours
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Food is available for purchase in Te Puia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Explore Te Puia’s unique Whakarewarewa geothermal valley home to the world famous Pohutu Geyser, which erupts up to twenty times a day, and up to thirty metres high into the air. (the largest geyser in the Southern Hemisphere) Explore the boiling mud pools and the boiling waters which are still used to cook in.
Te Puia is an iconic New Zealand destination for visitors. Their tradition of guiding in the Whakarewarewa geothermal valley extends for generations with many of our guides having a direct links to Rotorua’s earliest hosts, listen and share stories and insight into this unique corner of the world.
Feel the warm welcome of Maori guides from the moment you walk into Te Puia past the twelve monumental carvings – Te Heketanga a Rangi reaching skywards.
Along with access to the world famous Pohutu geyser,
Here you a chance to see the iconic Kiwi bird in a purpose made Kiwi bird enclosure, Then explore boiling mud pools, native bush and the National Schools of Wood Carving and Weaving. These are the threads that form the fabric of Te Puia, fitting its role as kaitiaki (guardian) of Maori culture for future generations to come.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kiwifruit Country, 316 State Highway 33, Paengaroa 3189 New Zealand
Here we have a chance to see how the kiwi fruit grows,
A great photo stop!
Also we will have the chance to taste the different varieties of not just the fruit but juices, jams and much more!
There is a gift shop on site where you can purchase unique products from the different types of fruit.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rotorua Museum, Oruawhata Drive Government Gardens, Rotorua New Zealand
Take in the stunning and historic Government Gardens.
Rotorua Museum is fortunate to be housed in an area rich in history,
Take in the splendour of the buildings and the Government Gardens which were transformed from a wilderness of scrub, Along with the hot pools and geysers into an oasis of Victorian charm.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Blue Baths, Government Gardens 1 Queens Drive, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Described as one of New Zealand’s most loved buildings, the Blue Baths are the epitome of glamour and style. This stunning heritage building, with its geothermally heated pools and 1930s ambience.
The building now provides a unique venue for weddings, conferences, exclusive corporate events and legendary public dinner shows.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
This beautifully peaceful lake has a violent history. One of several large volcanoes in the Rotorua region, its underlying magma chamber collapsed after a massive eruption around 200,000 years ago. The collapse created a circular caldera about 16 kilometres wide, which filled with water to form the North Island's second largest lake.
Geothermal activity continues below and around Lake Rotorua. Clouds of steam drift around the shore and the water has a high sulphur content, resulting in a magical green-blue colouration.
The famous love story of Hinemoa and Tutanekai
Mokoia Island, in the centre of the lake, is a rhyolite dome formed by slowly oozing lava. This island was the setting for one of New Zealand's greatest love stories - the tale of Hinemoa and Tutanekai.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: New Zealand Discovery Tours, Fenton Street, Glenholme, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
New Zealand Discovery Tours provide this shore excursion with over 15 years of experience creating and facilitating tours in New Zealand and Europe.
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Please walk along the wharf (there is only one way to walk) Go through the Port gates, where you will see a representative with a name board with " NEW ZEALAND DISCOVERY TOURS" & your name on It!Please allow time for boarding your vehicle! As the tour leaves at the allocated time!Ports
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only! No sales on the day of the tour! Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Please choose a tour time available and if required we will adjust the tour time for early - late arrival ships
- Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship!
- We will email any adjustments of tour time! Please leave an email on booking form!
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- we will text -whatsapp your mobile if amendments are required within 48 hrs of tour time Please leave country code and mobile number on booking form!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.