Half Day Volcanic Explorer Guided Walk
If time is limited and you are unable to spend the whole day walking the Tongariro Crossing, then the 4-hour Half Day Volcanic Explorer Guided Walk is for you. Enjoy the beautiful landscape of the Tongariro National Park with this half day tour.
When possible, we will start on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing track and head up to Soda Springs before returning to the start. At Soda Springs we give you the option to upgrade to the full day walk and join in with the full day guided party to complete the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.
We will talk and show you all things relevant to Tongariro and New Zealand including recent and past eruptions, geology, flora and fauna discovery and settlement of NZ.
These are the most popular Tongariro sites we choose from and include in the 4 hours: Lake Rotopounamu, Taranaki Falls, Silica Rapids, Soda Springs, Pukeonake, Whakapapanui River, Tawhai falls, Meads Wall.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional and qualified guide/s.
- All mountain equipment required (including crampons and ice axes during winter).
- Footwear and clothing to supplement up to a NZD40 free allowance.
- Live tour commentary provided in English.
- Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) and the activity.
What's excluded :
- Beverages, bottled water, or snacks
- Return transfers from Whakapapa Village are available on request for an additional charge.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adrift Tongariro, 53 Carroll Street Tongariro National Park, National Park Village 3948 New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre (Whakapapa Visitor Centre), State Highway 48, Whakapapa, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Tongariro National Park
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :53 Carroll Street, National Park 3948, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 people. Individual bookings are welcome, as the tour does generally meet minimum numbers, especially on good weather days. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.
- It is essential all clients phone the Adrift Tongariro base between 10:00am - 5:00pm the day prior to trip date to confirm tour departure time and discuss exact timings. +64 7892 2751.
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- A medium level of fitness is required.
- If you have back, neck, lower back, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- You should have good circulation and healthy, unblocked breathing.
- Tour starts and finishes at the Adrift Tongariro Base. Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) and the activity are included in the price.
- Transfers from Whakapapa Village are available on request for an additional charge. All transfers require a minimum of 2 people.
- Winter tours are from 1 May - 30 September, or when snow and ice are on the trails. Summer crossings are from 1 October - 30 April, as long as snow and ice are clear from the trails.
- Gear List: Water, outdoor shoes with grip, long walking pants, 2 x warm tops and a raincoat.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.