Hawkes Bay Wineries Self-Guided Bike Tour
Visit the wineries of Hawke’s Bay at your own pace on this self-guided bike tour. Collect your bike and spin through the vineyards along the Hawke’s Bay wine route at your leisure. Follow the map provided or simply take your pick of the wineries you find. Visit wineries such as Abbey Cellars, Alpha Domus, the Ngatarawa Estate, the Sileni Estate, Te Awa, or Trinity Hill (own expense), and perhaps sample some of the diverse wines in production. This independent cycling tour includes all equipment and roadside support.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Map of wineries tour route
- Collection of purchases from wineries (summer only)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Wine-tasting fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Collect your bike between 10am and 1pm (depending on the season) at Ash Ridge Wines’ vineyard. Then, clip on your helmet, hop into the saddle and peddle through the New Zealand countryside to begin your independent cycling tour.
With your winery map to hand, follow flat, winding routes through the heart of the Hawke's Bay wine region. Along the way, visit the wineries of most interest and sample the diverse wines in production (own expense).
Perhaps visit wineries such as Abbey Cellars, Alpha Domus, Ash Ridge Wines, Oak Estate, Sileni Estate, Te Awa, or Trinity Hill. Depending on how many wineries you visit — and how long you stay — your tour will likely take between four and six hours. You can enjoy a quick lunch (own expense) overlooking vines at Te Awa or Oak Estate before meandering onto the next winery.
With roadside support to help if you have any difficulties — such as a flat tyre — and to collect any wine that you purchase from the wineries (own expense), you’re free to relax and enjoy your day.
At the end of your ride, return your bike to your starting point to bring your tour to an end.
Departure Point :2543 State Highway 50, Roys Hill, Hastings 4175, New Zealand
Departure Time :10/1/2020 - 4/11/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Child trailer or tagalong bike is available on request if advised at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.