Helicopter Skydiving Adventure in Christchurch
This is New Zealand's only Helicopter Skydiving Experience
Upon arrival at our Sumner Beach Headquarters you will undergo a briefing with your instructors before boarding the transport shuttle and being driven to the Garden City Helicopters private terminal at the Christchurch International Airport. Here we will gear you up in your skydiving harness and board the BK-117 Helicopter for a flight up over the South Islands Biggest City, Christchurch, out over the coastline to our exit point before you Skydive from the helicopter over the ocean finishing with a smooth landing in the sand on Sumner Beach
What's included :
- Skydiving Jumpsuit, Harness, Gloves (in winter months), Soft helmet and goggles
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
A unique adventure for thrillseekers
This iconic helidive combines a scenic helicopter flight over the cityscape of Ōtautahi Christchurch, followed by a skydive out of the helicopter over the Sumner Beach coastline. Board a BK117 at the GCH - Garden City Helicopters helipad, New Zealand’s most experienced and safest private aviation companies, for a private helicopter flight over our city, the Port Hills and see the East Coastline open up all the way to the Banks Peninsula; with the Southern Alps standing tall in the background.
Are you ready? The door slides open, you take a breath and you dive into Otautahi’s iconic Sumner Beach with views stretching over Banks Peninsula, as far as Akaroa.
The exit out of a helicopter is a unique experience!
Land on Sumner beach; your toes in the sand and your head in the clouds.
• Sumner Beach (Cave Rock), The Esplanade Sumner Beach, Christchurch 2004 New Zealand
• Christchurch, Christchurch, Canterbury Region, South Island
Departure Point :2/44 Nayland Street, Sumner, Christchurch 8081, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands