HMNZS Canterbury Dive Charters
Come & join New Zealand Diving & dive the former Navy Frigate Canterbury F421. She now rests in Deep Water Cove near Cape Brett. Upright and intact, she makes for an impressive sight in a great dive location! For an experienced diver this is a truly remarkable dive site, purposely sunk for divers to train upon.
Our tour caters for technical diver and advanced diver certifications. Those wishing to expand upon certifications, the Canterbury will provide an excellent site to do so.
The charter includes full gear hire and 2 x single tanks, based on recreational divers. Technical diver gear is also available for hire at additional costs. Twin set, sidemounts & stages are available. Nitrox gas is also available for those certified to use it.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 x tank dives
- Gear Hire based upon 2 x single tanks and recreational diver gear
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Technical dive gear hire (twin sets etc)
- Nitrox gas
The HMNZS Canterbury was prepared with divers in mind; plenty of extra access points have been created to provide an ease of entry and exit, this makes for some particularly good penetration and swim through opportunities.
The charter includes 2 x tank dives and gear hire based on single tank dives. Twin sets are available providing you have the certifications for this equipment. This is an advanced dive site so minimum of deep certification will apply to the outer deck areas.
• Paihia Harbour, Paihia New Zealand
Departure Point :Hauraki Gulf / Tīkapa Moana
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A maximum of 8 people per booking. Numbers will be reduced for technical diver tours
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Upon booking customers must contact the diver centre for information packs
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.