Hobbiton & Rotorua Small Group Tour including Wai-O-Tapu from Auckland
One day tour from Auckland to the famous and magical Lord of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set and the geothermal wonders of Rotorua including Wai-o-Tapu geothermal park (rated as one of the most surreal places on earth).
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our modern comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. During the trip south, you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
After our drive we will arrive at the Alexander Family Sheep Farm and Shire's Rest (the entrance to Hobbiton), where you can see thousands of sheep, grab a bite to eat, get your coffee fix or enjoy an ice cream while we collect your tickets to the movie set.
Next you will board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on your two hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12-acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour you will step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear secrets and stories about the making of the movies and finish your LOTR experience with a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub - The Green Dragon Inn.
After your Lord of the rings experience you will be guided back through the Alexander Family Sheep Farm before continuing south to the active geothermal area of Rotorua. During the trip we will pass through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world) and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade, plus many more attractions to see along the way. Once in Rotorua we will do a guided tour of the city past its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, the Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa.
After some lunch our journey continues to Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland considered one of the most surreal places on earth. Here you will see Champagne lake, Devil's bath, local mud-pools, geothermal craters and other geothermal wonders before a fully guided trip back to Auckland and the end of your tour.
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Entry and fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Alexander Family Sheep Farm & Shire's Rest
- Complimentary beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Entry and fully guided tour of Wai-O-Tapu including Champagne Pool, Devils Home & Devils Bath
- Rotorua City Highlights Tour
- Transport in modern comfortable minibuses
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Day 1 : Hobbiton & Rotorua Small Group Tour including Wai-O-Tapu from AucklandHighlights: Fully guided tour from Auckland in small groups, Hobbiton Movie Set 2 hour Guided tour, Shires Rest, Alexandra Family Sheep Farm, Green Dragon pub and complementary beverage, Rotorua City guided tour, Wai O Tapu guided tour, Champagne Pool, Fitzgerald Glade, Hauraki Plains, Waikato River, souvenir shopping, refreshments and snacks provided, lunch stop at a kiwi style restaurant. Tour departs time: 6am,Tour duration: 13 hoursMeals :None
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only, starting up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Hotel Auckland.
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, SO/ Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, Waldorf Stadium Apartments.
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland, Ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, Skycity hotel, Skycity Grand Hotel.
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Auckland City Hotel, Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Kiwi International Hotel, Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, YHA Auckland City, VR Hotel.
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 15-20 minutes after the tour start time.
$10.00 NZD per person for on board Mobile WiFi
$50.00 Car Seat (Safety Seat for Children)