Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves Small Group Tour from Auckland
See two of New Zealand's most famous attractions in one day! The magical Hobbiton Movie Set and the breath-taking Waitomo Glowworm Caves. All our tours are run in small groups, in modern, comfortable mini buses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. On board we have amazing guides who are passionate about New Zealand and the attractions/activities you are visiting, who always have a lot of stories, facts and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- USB Charging Points
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Roselands Farm Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
Pass By: Waikato Region, Waikato Region, North Island
Be driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to your next attraction. During the trip you will encounter stunning scenery, might rivers, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on a two hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and enjoy a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Karapiro, Karapiro, Waikato Region, North Island
This stunning lake is home to one of New Zealand’s first hydro dams and where some of New Zealand’s great rowers come from. With viewpoints that have amazing views across the lake and countryside we believe it a great place for a quick break and some photos.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Otorohanga, New Zealand
The Kiwiana capital of New Zealand. See all things Kiwi as you pass through this unique and charming town.
Stop At: Waitomo Big Bird & Miniature Animal Petting Farm, 17 Waitomo Caves Road Rd 7, Otorohanga 3977 New Zealand
Stop outside Bigbird to see and meet some of our local friendly animals. These guys know our guides well and even though we don't have time to go inside the park the friendly animal will often come to the fences for a photo or two thrilling guests.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Roselands Farm Park, 579 Fullerton Road, Waitomo Caves 3981 New Zealand
Add the optional extra of a delicious Kiwi style BBQ Buffet Lunch.
Experience one of New Zealand's premiere BBQ buffet lunch restaurants.
Stopping at Roseland's for lunch. Here you have a meet choice between export quality steak, chicken, fish or mussels plus buffet salads and vegetables. To top is off your lunch also includes tea, coffee, delicious homemade cakes and amazing homemade cookies. All of this set in beautiful gardens with an amazing view. We recommend putting their homemade Teriyaki sauce on everything... it's amazing.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Explore the ancient and amazing caves seeing many different cave formations including stalactites, stalagmites and lime columns, before encountering thousands of the famous Waitomo Glowworms, unique for New Zealand for over 120 years.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Taupiri, New Zealand
Driving through more amazing country side we pass many sites of cultural significance including local Maori burial sites, cultural totem pole, important/ mighty rivers and many more animals.
Pass By: Huntly, Huntly, Waikato Region, North Island
Huntly sitting in the banks of our largest and most important river is now a quiet town but once famous for mining. It's claim to fame these days is New Zealand's large thermal power station that is capable of producing 30% of the country’s electricity needs.
Stop At: Pokeno, Pokeno, North Island
Time dependent we stop to enjoy a New Zealand Tip Top Ice Cream (local favorite) you will require cash for the Ice Cream shop if you would like one.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Celestion Apartment Hotel, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SkyCity hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland city, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland city (Hobson Street), Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek)
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 11 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.