Hobbiton Movie set farm tour & Waitomo Cave full day Tour from Auckland
Enjoy guided tours of the Hobbiton Movie Set & the Waitomo Glowworm Caves on a full-day tour from Auckland.
Journey south through lush rural farmland to the Hobbiton Movie Set, hidden on private farmland near the town of Matamata. Here, the village of Hobbiton was carefully created in amazing detail as a film location for the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie trilogies.
During your guided tour of this amazing location you’ll see sights like Hobbit holes, the Mill and the Green Dragon Inn, and learn how farmland was transformed into a living, breathing piece of Middle-earth.
At the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, take a 45-minute guided tour through impressive underground caverns and learn how stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone structures were formed over millions of years. Your tour includes a boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto - glide silently along an underground river as you gaze at the twinkling glowworms overhead.
***Min. 2 people require for each booking***
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
At the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, a network of underground tunnels and caves made from incredible limestone formations. Set off on a 45-minute guided tour of the caves, ending with a truly special boat trip through the Glowworm Grotto, where glowworms twinkle and shine overhead as you sail through a dark and silent cavern.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
The Hobbiton Movie Set has become one of New Zealand’s must-see destinations. A working farm near the small town of Matamata was transformed into a film set for the world-famous Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies, and today you can visit the set and see where the magic was created.
During your guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set you’ll see highlights like the original Hobbit Holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and more. Your tour guide will share amazing behind-the-scenes stories and fascinating facts about how the film set was brought to
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please mention pickup address and we will sent pickup instructions accordingly.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- Princes Wharf, 137-147 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- Queens Wharf Kiosk, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :6:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.