Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Hamilton Garden Experience
Experience the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films. Travel in style from Auckland to Hobbiton Movie Set - set on rolling farmland, this is the world famous movie set where you'll see the intricately created 'Hobbit holes' the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and so much more cinematic magic!
Leaving Auckland through the rolling hills of the Waikato region and beautiful farming towns along the way, you'll experience beautiful countryside in luxurious coach comfort. Located 10 minutes away from the bustling Matamata Township the Shires Rest sits among the hills on a private working farm awaiting our arrival. Explore the on-site gift shop and café for breakfast or lunch before the movie set tour commences.When your booking time arrives, you will board a bus with many other Hobbit fans and head down into the valley where the Hobbiton movie set has been beautifully re-created in amazing detail.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Entry to fully guided experience at Hobbiton Movie Set
- Chance to step into a real The Lord of the Rings film set
- Remarkable 360-degree views of the rolling Kaimai Range
- Amazing photo opportunities at the colourful Hobbiton village
- Learn how the film magic was made from a local guide
- Free beer or ginger beer or cider in Green Dragon Inn
- Visit to Hamilton themed gardens
- Entry to 1 Hour River Cruise
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Hamilton Gardens
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Walk into the real-world landscape of Middle Earth on a walking tour of the Hobbiton™ Movie Set, where you get a behind-the-scenes look at ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit.’ Pause at the Green Dragon™ Inn to for a draft of Hobbit™ Southfarthing™, see the remarkable detailing that brought Hobbiton™ to life on screen, and visit the places where key scenes were created.
Take a look at Bag End, where Frodo and Bilbo’s adventures began. Get lost among the hobbit holes and visit the Green Dragon Inn, the mill and the Party Tree. Listen to spell-binding tales of how Hobbiton came to be. Fall in love with the Alexander family sheep farm, just as acclaimed director Sir Peter Jackson did, as you journey through the unequivocal beauty of the land, with the mighty Kaimai Ranges towering in the distance. Your guide will escort you around the set, showing the intricate detailing, pointing out the most famous locations and explaining how the movie magic was made.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hamilton Gardens, Hungerford Crescent Cobham Drive, Hamilton 3216 New Zealand
Within a short drive from hobbiton movie set, this Hamilton Gardens is located alongside an attractive stretch of the Waikato River, merging old landscape features with creative development and design. An award-winning public garden and the Waikato’s most popular visitor attraction. Hamilton Gardens is the most visited tourist attraction in Waikato. It tells the Story of Gardens through themed gardens. The Paradise Garden Collection includes gardens that represent China, England, Japan, America, Italy and India. Each garden is highly individual with a totally different design philosophy. Highlights include the Indian Char Bagh Garden, Italian Renaissance Garden, Chinese Scholars’ Garden and more. Experience the beauty and tranquil water of the Waikato River on the floating Cafe runs from Hamilton Gardens with the best views in the Waikato and enjoy a relaxing cruise on New Zealand's longest waterway flowing through Hamilton, New Zealand's largest inland city.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Wear appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.