Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Te Puia Geothermal Valley Experience
This package is chock full of famous places to visit! Travel to the Shire in Matamata and join a guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie set – walk among the gardens, get that selfie in a hobbit hole and live the dream.
The World Famous Geyser
Te Puia is the home to the New Zealand Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, and the world famous Pohutu geyser. Go also get the opportunity to see live kiwi and boiling mud pools (not together Jump on a guided tour and learn about the history, stories and insights into this unique corner of the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Entry Tickets to Hobitton Movie Set Tour
- Entry Tickets to Te Puia Geothermal Valley
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Experience the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films. The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour is where Peter Jackson filmed his famous Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies. Once we arrive, you spend 30-45 mins shopping in the official Hobbiton Gift Shop and grabbing a drink or a bite in the famous Shire’s Rest Cafe.
Fall in love with the Alexander family sheep farm, just as acclaimed director Sir Peter Jackson did, as you journey through the unequivocal beauty of the land, with the mighty Kaimai Ranges towering in the distance. Your guide will then escort you around the set, showing the intricate detailing, pointing out the most famous locations and explaining how the movie magic was made.
You will be fully guided around the 12 acre set; past Hobbit Holes, the Mill and into the world-famous Green Dragon Inn, where you will be presented with a complimentary, exclusive Hobbit Southfarthing beverage to conclude your own Middle-earth adventure.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
The World Famous Geyser
Te Puia is the home to the New Zealand Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, and the world famous Pohutu geyser. Go also get the opportunity to see live kiwi and boiling mud pools (not together Jump on a guided tour and learn about the history, stories and insights into this unique corner of the world. Guided tours run on the hour every hour from 9am to 5pm.
The park has plenty to experience with 60 hectares of the geothermal valley to explore. There are beautiful bush paths to wander down and a model Pre-European Maori Village and sacred Marae to discover, giving you a rare glimpse into how Māori people lived prior to European settlement.
At the carving school, see traditional Māori carving and weaving performed before your eyes, including wood, stone & bone carvings as well flax-weaving.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.