Hobbiton Movie Set Tour and Te Puia Geysers in Rotorua
Combine two of New Zealand's most popular attractions on this full-day small group tour from Rotorua.
We make our way to Te Puia, where you will be submerged in the Maori stories, arts and traditions. Get up close to the Pōhutu Geyser, jumping mud-pools, and live kiwi birds; watch master carvers and weavers at work, and hear the guides share stories passed down from their ancestors.
We then visit the Redwood Forest to experience these giants and the peaceful atmosphere they create, along with a drive by of Rotorua highlights.
A tour of Hobbiton Movie Set is an experience to tantalise the senses of visitors from all across the globe, as guests find themselves engulfed in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of The Shire, at the home of the Hobbits, as featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies.
Plenty of time for photo's and souvenir shopping at both attraction
Pick-up from your hotel or place of accomodation!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver/Tour escort/host
- Transport by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - New Zealand Discovery Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Experience Te Puia
You will be guided around Te Puia, where you will see large mud pools, steam vents, boiling bubbling pools & erupting geysers including the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere, Pohutu geyser which was recently ranked in the world’s top 5 geysers by Lonely Planet! We walk around a strange and unforgiving landscape & take you on a journey where history, culture and nature collide and where local Maori's showcase their vibrant Māori cultural performance through dance and song. A show that will leave you with deep lasting memories and not to be missed. Even the architecture at Te Puia has stories to tell, with Māori carvings, flax weaving and structures that have a deep cultural significance. You will also have the chance to visit the Kiwi bird enclosure to see this elusive native bird.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
"The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour"
In the afternoon you board a Hobbiton bus for an unforgettable journey to experience the magic of "The Hobbiton Movie Set"
You will have an offical guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set”. An experience to tantalise the senses of visitors from all across the globe, as guests find themselves engulfed in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of The Shire, at the home of the Hobbits, as featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies. The extraordinary following that the movies have amassed has led to the tours becoming a must see while travellers are in New Zealand. The Hobbiton Movie Set is the only set that remains intact from the trilogies, and that allows you to fully immerse yourselves in the wonders of "The Shire". Learn all about how this location was chosen as the Hobbiton Movie Set (which is a great story in itself!) and how it was created plus which scenes were filmed here.
Your guide will show you around the Hobbit holes including Bilbo's and Frodo's home. At the end of the tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set there will be a complimentary drink waiting for you to enjoy in the Green Dragon Inn (Alcohol and non-alcohol available) included!
After your day of two completely different lands return transport to Rotorua.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: New Zealand Discovery Tours, Tauranga 3044 New Zealand
Experience Te Puia withers geysers and geothermal activity along with the chance to see a kiwi bird enclosure, A walk through the majestic Redwood, followed with highlights tour through Rotorua finishing with The Hobbiton Movies Set Tour!
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Fenton Street, Victoria, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Please state your hotel or airbnb accomodation address for pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour include entrance fees and transportation with pick up from your accomodation in the morning and return to central Rotorua (Fenton Street)
- Offical tour guide for Hobbiton
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.