Hobbiton Movie Set with Auckland City Highlight Small Group Tour from Auckland
Start your middle earth adventure to the Hobbiton Movie Set with a highlight tour of Auckland City. Be amazed at the spectacular views of Auckland City, Hauraki gulf and the Rangitoto Island from the Volcanic mountain of Mt Eden. The drive through the Auckland Domain home of the iconic Auckland Museum is an experience of a park with its hardy trees, waterworks and walkways where the locals enjoy their leisure time. We will visit Bastion Point with its tidy gardens and a memorial for one of the most beloved prime minister of New Zealand. Our journey will continue south to Hauraki plains the biggest farming area with its farm animals and rolling hills and valleys to Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Movie set at Matamata, a working sheep farm with hundreds of sheep grazing on the farm itself. The 12 acre set with its rolling hills and the Mountains in the background is a sight that will leave a lasting impression.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Access off Hillside Crescent Mount Eden Road, Auckland Central, Auckland 1024 New Zealand
Mt Eden Summit also known as Maungawhau rises 196 meters or 643 feet above sea level is one of the most prominent volcanic cones in the Auckland region and offers stunning views over the city and harbour.
Take a walk up the mountain amongst the locals to the top of the summit where on a clear day you will have a spectacular view of Auckland City, Harbour, waitakere and Rangitoto Island.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Auckland Museum, The Auckland Domain, Parnell, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010 New Zealand
Drive through the Auckland Domain with its hardy trees and the Auckland winter gardens, with the iconic Auckland Museum.
Pass By: Parnell Road, Auckland Central, Auckland 1052 New Zealand
You will be driven through Parnell village with its restaurants and art galleries.
Pass By: Tamaki Drive, Tamaki, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
We will follow one of the most picturesque drive in Auckland’s Tamaki Drive to one of Auckland’s most prestigious street Paritai Drive.
Stop At: Bastion Point, Hapimana Street, Mission Bay, Auckland 1071 New Zealand
Bastion Point offers magnificent views over the Hauraki Gulf, Waitemata Harbour and downtown Auckland. This also houses the Savage memorial, which commemorates Michael Josef Savage, one of New Zealand’s most beloved prime ministers.
It has great gardens with Art Deco memorial and obelisk.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Airport transfers extras unless it’s a private or group booking, please contact us at the time of booking Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Queens wharf
- Princess wharf
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Mt Eden Summit has an elevation of 196m/643 feet, elderly travellers maybe driven up to the summit. Please advise us at the time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.