Hobbiton Tours From Auckland
For fans of The Lord of the Rings, the Hobbiton Movie Set is a must see attraction. Located at Matamata in Waikato, you can go on a magical tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set and check out the many Hobbit Holes and see where the movie was made. After your tour you can stop off at the The Shires Rest Cafe for some refreshments.
Small group tour maximum of 6 people ensures personalized experience.
Please bring your cameras ready to take photos and videos.
Attraction Tickets Included
Pick up and drop off from Auckland central
Hotel pick up is offered (inner city hotels only)
Airport pick-up is offered (outside Butterfly Creeks)
Local and experienced Tour Guide in the activities
Travel in comfort of air conditioned deluxe van.
Free Wifi on private deluxe van.
Supplementary of drinks and snacks on board.
7 to 7.5 hours (approximately)
per adult from
420 to 450 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
For fans of The Lord of the Rings, the Hobbiton Movie Set is a must see attraction. Located at Matamata in Waikato, you can go on a 2 hour magical tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set and check out the many Hobbit Holes and see where the movie was made. After your tour you can stop off at the The Shires Rest Cafe for some refreshments.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups:Booking within 24 hours prior departure is not guaranteed for hotel pick-up, contact information of our local operators and/or drivers will send to you to organize pick-up arrangements, once your purchase is completed. Pick up in the main entrance of your hotel. Please be there 15 minutes before your pick up time as the tour starts on time.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Auckland Viaduct Ferry Terminal
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Additional Information: Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Child seat can be requested 24 hours before departure for $25. Children travellers must be supervised by adults.
- Small Private Group Tour. Maximum of 6 people per session.
- CORONA VIRUS UPDATE: Due to Corona Virus outbreak all over the world, the New Zealand Prime Minister have new protocol that everyone that is coming to New Zealand needs to do self-quarantine for 14 days. We understand that affects us all of this pandemic disease. We are closely monitoring our clients that will have an experience with us. Kindly please let us know when is your arrival date in New Zealand, and if you are having the experience with us in less than 14 days of your arrival date, we will have to cancel the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please let us know you have health conditions that could affect your tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.