Huka Falls Return or one way from Rotorua
Visit the most visited natural attraction in New Zealand on this half day afternoon tour perfect for those with a tight schedule!
The Huka Falls are the largest falls on the Waikato River, near Taupo on New Zealand's North Island. The Waikato river is one of New Zealand's longest rivers and it drains Lake Taupo - the largest freshwater lake in all of Australasia.
At the Huka Falls, the Waikato River which is normally 100m wide, is forced through a 20 metre wide gorge and over a dramatic 20m drop.
Every second up to 220,000 litres of water gushes through the gorge and shoots out over 8 metres beyond to create a beautiful blue/green pool.
The name Huka is the Maori word for 'foam', which is appropriate as the falling water and rapids certainly resembles foam, especially under flooding conditions.
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or Minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
Stop At: Huka Falls Rd, Taupo, Hinuera New Zealand
View the spectacular Huka Falls
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers