Introduction to Wanaka Rock Climbing - Half Day
The ‘Introduction To Rock Climbing’ is our most popular trip. You get the opportunity to experience outdoor rock climbing in a safe and fun way, focusing on maximum time actually climbing, whilst learning safe practices and good technique along the way. It is ideal for those who have never climbed before, or only on an indoor wall.
The climbing can range from easy to challenging and we keep the group sizes small to ensure everyone has a great time and is challenged at their own level. Our qualified instructors/guides will take you to the most suitable venue in the beautiful Matukituki Valley near Wanaka.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional, qualified guide/instructor
- All technical equipment (harness, climbing shoes, helmet)
- Courtesy transport to and from the climbing areas
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meet your Guide at Basecamp Wanaka Climbing Centre, or we can pick you up from your Wanaka accommodation if you wish. We'll begin with an introduction to climbing, and you'll be outfitted with all the equipment you will require.
Your guide will take you to the most suitable climbing location for the group, choosing from a range of climbs which are great for absolute beginners, or for climbers seeking more of a challenge. Enjoy the sun, the mountain views, and the company of your group as you climb together on the doorstep of Mt Aspiring National Park.
We'll spend the maximum possible time on the rock, so you get real value from your half day with us, and plenty of quality interaction with your local guide, and new friends! After 3-3.5 hours of fun, we head back to the vehicle, and we return you to our meeting point, for a well-deserved rest.
Departure Point :Basecamp Wanaka Climbing Centre, 50 Cardrona Valley Road, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years. For younger children, contact us to discuss their suitability
- You must be able to safely wear a harness and helmet
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If cancelled due to very poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date, an indoor climbing experience or a refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.