Island & Wildlife Cruise
Your Full Day Island & Wildlife Cruise begins as you’re welcomed aboard the Bay Explorer at Tauranga waterfront jetty. You will spend the cruise exploring the pristine Bay of Plenty coastline and islands where we will showcase the amazing diversity of marine wildlife including dolphins swimming along side our vessel. Watch seasonal seabirds, penguins, seals, whales, sunfish, school fish, sharks, orca...even turtles!
Our island & wildlife cruise is tailored to those wanting a genuine kiwi experience in nature. It’s a story about our human intrigue with amazing marine animals and their habitat. Participate by searching on the large top deck for that once in a lifetime wildlife encounter. We have limited our passenger numbers for comfort and to enable a more personal experience. Our large spacious boat is also ideal for families.
The Captain and experienced crew lust to share their marine knowledge with you and will provide fascinating commentary and point out all that they see so you won’t miss a thing. A shared lifetime experience. Don’t forget your camera as we are able to get up close to wildlife, making it a photographer’s dream. You will return to Tauranga by 2-4pm.
There is no additional cost for optional activities such as stand-up paddle boarding (SUP), kayaking, snorkelling and swimming.
- A full day cruise on our spacious 18 metre vessel with 360° outdoor views.
- Close-up encounters with some of the best marine diversity in New Zealand.
- A mid-day Island stopover at a sheltered cove
- Free use of our kayaks and stand-up paddle boards
- Free use of the communal BBQ
- Onboard commentary and references with facts on the Bay and local marine wildlife.
- Our friendly, professional Bay Explorer Crew
- Photos of a lifetime!
- Day 1 : Island & Wildlife Cruise• A full day cruise on our spacious 18 metre vessel with 360° outdoor views. • Comfortable fully enclosed seating downstairs and a large open sun-deck for wildlife watching. • Some of the best marine diversity in New Zealand. • Close-up encounters with seasonal marine wildlife – penguins, seals, dolphins, whales, sunfish, school fish, seabirds, sharks, turtles and orca. • Cold beer and chilled regional wines from our licenced bar and non-alcoholic beverages (Eftpos available). • Food options or bring your own lunch and snacks • Onboard commentary and references with facts on the Bay and local marine wildlife. • Our friendly, professional Bay Explorer Crew • Photos of a lifetime! Enjoy a mid-day Island stopover at a sheltered cove and kayak, stand-up paddle board, or swim. Water-sport lifejackets and basic training available for all ages.Meals :None
Check in at 7.30am on our boat Bay Explorer, we depart from The Strand, Tauranga (opposite the Starbucks Cafe). Look for our white kiosk where you will see our signs out by the Jetty. Departure is at 8am sharp. You will be back between 2pm - 4pm
Cold beer and chilled regional wines from our licenced bar and non-alcoholic beverages (Eftpos available)