Island Hopper Day Cruise
Embark on a magical day sailing adventure in the Bay of Islands.
Step straight from Paihia's beachfront onto a modern catamaran and set sail amongst the bay's 144 islands to a remote island destination.
• Discover the Bay of Islands the "Kiwi" way on a day sailing adventure
• Set sail on a comfortable catamaran, with bean bags and comfortable seating for you to enjoy
• Relax or take part in sailing the boat with your friendly, experienced crew
• Enjoy a 2-hour island stopover and snorkel, paddle board, hike or swim
• Visit wildlife sanctuary islands to encounter native bush and rare bird species
• Savour morning tea, a packed delicious picnic lunch, and a refreshing cold drink on the return sail
• The catamaran pulls right up to the beach where you can step on and off from the shore for your island adventures!
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water - Please bring your own water bottle, we can refill for you. Tea/coffee provided.
- Embark on a magical day sailing adventure in the Bay of Islands.
10am departure - 4pm return.
Step straight from Paihia's beachfront onto a modern catamaran and set sail through the bay's 144 islands to a remote island destination.
Cruise among a beautiful marine playground aboard 'Kopiko', a 33-foot performance catamaran built for speed, comfort, and style. Lend the crew a hand with sailing the boat, or spread out with plenty of deck space where you grab a bean bag and chalk up some leisure time. Discover a wealth of wildlife from seabirds, stingrays, seals, penguins, to dolphins.
Arrive in a stunning bay, where you'll anchor close to the beach for a 2 hour island stop over. Step off onto the island and enjoy a delicious packed lunch at a stunning picnic spot of your choice. Wander short walking trails leading to picturesque views or head to the water for activities like snorkeling and paddle boarding. Enjoy a refreshing swim or simply dig your toes into the sand and relax.
After your island adventures, set sail again and make the most of the sea breezes on the home run. Watch the wind fill the sails, kick back, and relax. Enjoy the peace and tranquility for a perfect end to your day sailing adventure.
Departure Point :Barefoot Sailing Adventures, Marsden Road, Paihia 0200, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This trip requires a reasonable level of physical ability to safety board the boat, this can be challenging for people with knee problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 16 people per booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved if you choose to do the island walks, please wear appropriate footwear
- Due to uneven surfaces, and a moving boat, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Snorkel participants must be able to swim competently in open water for a distance of 200m
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We do our best to provide a safe and healthy environment for our guests and staff. Please consider that everyone has different levels of comfort in our new Covid world, so be sure to give people space on board, practice good hygiene & avoid crowding areas of the boat when boarding and disembarking.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.