Kaikoura Albatross Encounter Tour from Christchurch
Kaikoura is famous for whales and dolphins and arguably one of the world's most exciting arenas for ocean going birds. This full day tour accompanies the Kaikoura Whale Watch Tours from Christchurch. Within close proximity of the beautiful Kaikoura Peninsula, see a considerable array of albatross, petrels, shearwaters, terns, shags and gulls.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Albatross Encounter and seal colony visit
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Kaikoura has one of the largest number of different types of seabirds within a small area than anywhere along the New Zealand coastlines. On your arrival in Kaikoura you may enjoy either an early lunch or have free time to explore Kaikoura before being transferred to Ocean Wings Albatross Encounter. Experience the sensation of getting close to the mighty albatross, one of the world's largest flight birds.
There will also be the opportunity during the day to visit a seal colony where fur seals may be viewed at close quarters. This stop provides a great photo opportunity.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.