Kaikoura Helicopters Top n Tail Whale Watch flight
Helicopters depart from our centrally located beach front helipads, lifting off on your scenic helicopter tour to view the Kaikoura Coast. View Sperm Whales from head to tail, offering you a unique and uninterrupted vantage point of these magnificent marine mammals. Enjoy the true Kaikoura 'where the mountains meet the sea' experience by further exploring the Seaward Kaikoura ranges and a Alpine landing with magnificent views.
What's included :
- Scenic helicopter excursion to view sperm whales and wildlife
- View from above Kaikoura’s deep-sea canyon while searching for a Giant Sperm Whale
- Explore the unique and rugged Kaikoura Coastline
- Live commentary from our pilots who are flying encyclopedias on the local area.
- Headset with microphone to clearly hear your commentary and ask questions on your journey
- Unique and uninterrupted views of magnificent marine mammals from above in your luxury helicopter
- Alpine landing on the extraordinary Kaikoura Seaward Ranges.
What's excluded :
Stop At: Kaikoura, Kaikoura, Canterbury Region, South Island
Take off from our centrally located helipads and within minutes be viewing the mighty Sperm whales. Then climb high above Kaikoura to land among the rugged Seaward Kaikoura Ranges, taking in some of the most breathtaking views that New Zealand has to offer.
Enjoy views of the Seaward Kaikoura Ranges, the Kaikoura flats and the peninsula stretching out like a whale's Fluke. See the different colours of water along the coastline where fresh, silty water comes out of the rivers and mixes in the salty seawater.
Weather permitting, fly to the head of the Kowhai River to see landslides and large cracks along the hillsides from the November 2016 earthquake. Fly over one of only two remaining Hutton's Shearwater colonies.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :16 West End, Kaikōura 7300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- A headset is provided with a microphone for communicating with your pilot
- Please call 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your booking +64 3 319 6609
- We recommend wearing covered shoes and bringing a warm jacket
- We recommend bringing your camera and sunglasses
- All passengers will be weighed before departure
- Your pilot in command will load helicopter based on weight and balance
- All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
- If the weather does not allow you to fly, we will be happy to rebook you for a later time if your travel schedule allows. Alternatively your voucher can be used at one of our other helicopter bases in Wellington or Christchurch
- Most travelers can participate
- Please bring any medication that you may need on the flight
- You are welcome to bring a facemask to wear
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized