Kaikoura Quad Bike Tour from Christchurch
Embark on an action-packed off-road adventure to the rugged Kaikoura coastline on this quad bike tour from Christchurch. Enjoy eastern New Zealand's beautiful scenery as you drive your own all-terrain vehicle through the countryside characterized by gentle grassy slopes, winding trails and majestic bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Use of quad bike and helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Light refreshments
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaikoura Peninsula Walkway, 40 Fyffe Quay West End, Kaikoura 7300 New Zealand
Your adventure starts with pickup from your Christchurch hotel. We drive 2.5 hours to the picturesque peninsula town of Kaikoura, backed by the snowcapped Seaward Kaikoura Range. Either have an early lunch (own expense) or have free time to explore town before heading to your trailhead.
Get equipped with your 4-wheel, all-terrain vehicle and receive a safety orientation and training session from your guide. All quad bike drivers must be at least 16 years of age; those under 16 can ride as a passenger on an 8-wheel vehicle driven by a guide.
Once you feel comfortable, follow your guide through eastern New Zealand's scenic backcountry. Traverse over grassy slopes, down riverbanks and along Kaikoura's rugged coastline topped by the Haumuri Bluffs. Keep your eye out for the area's abundant wildlife — seals are commonly spotted down by the water.
Enjoy some light refreshments upon your return to the base camp. Then hit the road for the 2.5-hour journey back to Christchurch.
Duration: 11 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, pregnant women
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.