Kaikoura Ultimate Adventure
Kaikoura Ultimate Adventure is an incredible experience - The best of Kaikoura; See the magnificent vistas of our coastal shores, picturesque landscapes, majestic mountain ranges, and diverse marine wildlife in a way only a helicopter can. The tour combines whale watching with a scenic tour. Slowly orbit marine animals including resident sperm whales, dusky dolphins, and NZ fur seals and other whale species migrating through year round population of sperm whales, with the backdrop of the coastal scenery. Afterwards soar above the Seaward Kaikoura Ranges, towering over 2500 metres straight out of the Pacific Ocean, to see how the 7.8 magnitude earthquake changed our landscapes, raising coastal shorelines and impacting the entire mountain range. The tour includes a landing at the newly created Hapuku lake with stunning turquoise waters for great photo opportunities.
per adult from
1 hour 20 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Professional pilot
- Headsets to hear the pilot clearly during the flight
- One hour and twenty minute helicopter tour
- Whale and dolphin watch
- Alpine landing in a helicopter accessible only location (weather permitting)
- Transport to airfield if required
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Start your tour at our town office and enjoy complimentary transport down to the helipads where you receive a brief informative talk and safety briefing from our experienced pilots before heading out over the Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary in search of the resident sperm whale population.
As we head out over the Pacific Ocean you are surrounded on all sides by the gorgeous scenery of Kaikoura, with the coastal mountains as a backdrop. Slowly orbit the whales so you can see the whole animal from head to tail, minimising your impact on the animal while maximising your time and viewing, its perfect for photographers. Cruise back along the coastline keeping an eye out for any other animals that may be around, including our resident population of dusky dolphins and New Zealand fur seals, as well as any other whale species that may be migrating through including blue, humpback, fin, and killer whales.
After completing your wildlife viewing we head for the Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, which tower 2500 meters straight out of the Pacific Ocean. Fly along the coastline to see the impact from the magnitude 7.8 earthquake that changed the entire landscape of the coastal mountains and view the new Papatea Fault where it scars the land and runs out to sea. Fly inland along the Clarence River Valley and back up through the mountain range for a landing at the turquoise waters of the newly created Hapuku Dam Lake, which was created during the November 2016 earthquake.
Enjoy the scenery as we fly back through the mountain range to land back at the helipads where complimentary transport is waiting to take you back to town or your hotel.
Departure Point :617 State Highway 1, Peketa 7374, New Zealand
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- It is recommended to wear comfortable footwear and bring a jacket or warm clothes, sunglasses, and camera
- All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers
- A maximum of 4 people per helicopter
- Courtesy transport to and from town is provided. Please contact our reservations team to organise.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.