Kaikoura Whale and Dolphin Overnight Tour from Christchurch
Watch whales and swim with dolphins. This is a overnight delight for all those who wish to get close to nature. Journey from Christchurch to Kaikoura, where you will take a whale watch tour. Overnight in this tiny coastal town, before joining your Swim with Dolphins cruise. Dive into the oceans and swim next to these amazing mammals. A marine experience unmatched by any other.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Live commentary on board
- Overnight accommodation
- Whale watch tour by boat
- Fur seal colony viewing
- Swim with Dolphins
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- North Canterbury vineyard visit and wine tasting
- GST (Goods and Services Tax
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Day 1: Christchurch - Kaikoura
Travel by coach through the rolling hill country of North Canterbury, enjoying the beauty of its rural pastoral scenes, to Kaikoura where mountains meet sea (a journey of approximately three hours by coach). Kaikoura is world renowned for the variety of marine mammals which can be seen, not least of all the giant sperm whales and the acrobatic Dusky Dolphins.
On arrival in Kaikoura you will be transferred to a whale watch tour by boat. This afternoon is free to explore Kaikoura.
Overnight Accommodation: The White Morph or Similar
Day 2: Kaikoura / Christchurch
This morning join the Swim with Dolphins Cruise with Dolphin Encounter. You will be fully equipped with wet suit, mask, snorkel and flippers in order to swim in the sea with the Dusky Dolphins. There will be the opportunity during the day to visit a seal colony where fur seals may be viewed at close quarters. Returning to Christchurch this afternoon (a journey of approximately three hours by coach), a stop will be made at a North Canterbury vineyard where a wine tasting has been arranged for your pleasure, if time permits.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please note, infants under 3 years of age may not join the cruises but may travel on the light aircraft tours
- Children must be aged 8 years and over to swim with Dolphins.
- Customers must declare any pre-existing medical conditions. A basic level of fitness is required. Customers will be floating in the open ocean and will be required to swim to and from the boat - distances up to 50 meters (150 feet) at a time.
- Once the tour has commenced only the unused portion of the tour will be refunded should the boats not sail or the planes not fly.
- If due to whale sightings or weather conditions the boat offers a partial refund, this refund will be passed on to our customers.
- If whale watch is undertaken by light aircraft and no whales are seen, no refund applies.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.