Kaituna White-Water Rafting Adventure
Raft through 14 rapids including cascades ranging from 3 to 22 feet (1 to 7 meters), including the world’s highest commercially rafted waterfall. Pass through steep, bush-clad canyons and New Zealand native forest, ideal for rafting enthusiasts and first-timers alike. River guides provide a full safety briefing with quality clothing and equipment for this 3.5-hour white-water adventure on the Kaituna River.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 100% Pure NZ Kaituna Rafting! (3hr round trip)
- Professional Adventure Photographer
- Professional Kiwi Guide
- Free Hotel/Motel Transfer
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- After pickup from any hotel in central Rotorua at your selected departure time, set off for a wild ride on the Kaituna River. Hop into your transport vehicle to the picturesque rafting base in the Kahikitea Forest, where river guides provide a full safety briefing. Once you've slipped into special clothing to keep you warm, grab your paddle, helmet, and life vest for the exciting journey ahead.
You'll paddle over more than a dozen rapids, including the impressive Tutea Falls, a cascade that boasts a 22-foot drop with adrenaline overload. Pass through a steep canyon lined by subtropical native forest while you learn to navigate the thrilling white water.
When you're safely back on shore, you're delivered back to the base where you can 'chill out' for a bit and view souvenir photos snapped by a professional photographer (available to purchase). Change into dry clothes and relax while transferred to your starting point.
Departure Point :1135 Te Ngae Road, Tikitere, Rotorua 3074, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups offered for all central Rotorua Accommodations, including the i-SITE and Information centre - Contact us directly by phone or email if you can not see your pick up in the area.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All Kaitiaki Staff/contractors have been provided Information and training regarding the Hazards/Risk associated with COVID-19 All staff have been asked to contribute feedback All feedback has been considered by the business to make an informed decision pre-operation
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.