Kayak Milford Sound
Don't just look at Milford Sound. Get ready to immerse yourself at sea level on a kayak journey you will be hard pressed to forget.
Our world class guides will lead you to explore this epic vista during a 4-5 hour paddle experience. Kayak along the walls of mighty mountains, feel the fresh waterfall spray on your face as we navigate the wild fiords. Bring your own lunch to enjoy on a secluded beach and if the afternoon breeze picks up we will sail back to base together. If you're lucky the local wildlife will make an appearance.
per adult from
What's included :
- Thermal top and leggings
- Wetsuit vest, fleece top and Pogies (paddling gloves)
- Paddle jacket & Spray deck
- Life jacket (buoyancy vest)
- Dry bags (for your clothing and camera)
- Double kayaks / paddles
- Group safety and emergency gear
What's excluded :
Grab a coffee, it’s an early start. Drive the Milford Road and arrive at Deepwater Basin at 8am
Meet the team, they will get you checked in and ready for your day. Get kitted out in all your gear, thermals, spray jacket, life vest and spray skirt (all provided by Go Orange). Once you’re changed grab a paddle and get inducted, our guides will run through a full safety brief and split you into 8-person groups. Don’t forget your camera, phone and Go Pro, you will be supplied with dry bag to protect your belongings. Once on the water listen close as you explore the fiord with your team. Bring your own snacks to enjoy on a secluded beach. After 4-5 hours kayaking you will head back to Kayak Base, warm up at our base and get changed. Feel free to explore the area around the Kayak Base or catch the evening cruise on board our newly refurbished Milford Haven ship. Drive safe & don’t forget to tag us in all your beautiful shots!
• Milford Sound, Milford Sound, Southland Region, South Island
• Bowen Falls, Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound 9679 New Zealand
• Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Departure Point :Deepwater Basin Road, Southland 9679, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum numbers apply
- Bring a change of clothes, socks, footwear and rain jacket for wearing after kayaking
- Wear soft shoes or sandals (note they will get wet)
- Wear a swimsuit or underwear (for under wetsuit)
- Bring a towel, Water bottle, Sunblock, Sun hat, Sun glasses, Insect repellent
- Bring lunch - unless pre-ordered (extra cost)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Government regulations strictly adhered to. Covid-19 QR code available, or paper-trail for contact tracing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.